Persuasion: Did we forget what we learned as JWs?

by larc 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

Hi Larc;

I generally agree with a lot of what you're saying - but not all. (Strange you should think like that - being a member of a sinister club, LOL) You said, among other things:

For example, successful sales people use similiar approaches and techniques. This does not negate their own uniquenes and individualities as people.

I have been a salesman for 20 years, and dare say I know a lot about sales techniques. The problem in this related to what I say on a board like this, is the fact I don't need to try to "sell" anything to anyone.

While I do agree we should give new participants a break, and accept they have to be allowed doing the same mistakes we did ourselves, that's not the same as saying I'm ready to accept sheer piss and nonsense, or sinister attacks where the purpose of the attach is written with 10 inch red letters between the lines.

You talked about "trolls", and people being labeled as such. In all honesty, I myself has labeled ONE person a Troll - and I had the evidence to prove it! I can't see no wrong in stating such a thing when I do have evidence. I've seen other labeling some as "trolls" - but we're talking about extremely few people being labeled as that. And there is no doubt what so ever such "trolls" do exist.

What seems to be hard to grasp for some people is the fact that much of the information being published here is dead damaging to the Watchtower - and they naturally do have an interest in

A) Trying to make the information look bad
    B) Discredit the messenger
    C) Applying Red Herrings

Some people on this (and other) board do these things all the time, even though I do not say they are "trolls" or are erend-boys for the Tower. BUt facts are - they're doing the Tower a huge favor, and it's always the same people applauding. Every time!

I'm used to that, and I'm not particulary worried at all. But I'm pretty sure lurkers and new participants are worried - just like you said. But not by the fact that someone like me is calling an asshole and asshole - but because there is always some people trying to discredit others without any evidence at all. And someone is always interested in jumping on the wagon, and accept any allegation as proven facts as long as the allegations are against someone they don't like.

Being a "illuminati" with "secret lists and agendas" nobody could expect me to say anything else, I guess - but this is the same I've been saying for years. Nothing new at all.

A leopard doesn't cange it's spots if spray-painted. They turn up again. An asshole will always be an asshole. It's a personal thing....

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• larc
    larc

For those of you who don't get it, this is humor.

Kent,

What the hell is wrong with you. You know that we had this secret areement not to disagree in public. I know, I know, you are just doing this throw everyone off the trail of our secret society.

Oh, I wanted to report to you that I have set up information to destroy 30 of our enemies. I have ruined their credit ratings, sent misinformation to their employers and their elders, and sent fake love letters from their paramores to their spouses. Do I do good work or what?

Kent, I think that at the rate we are going, we will rule the world in about ten months.

Give my regards to the other disciples of yours. I know that you will have 144,000 devoted followers in no time.

To the rest of you - piss off!

• teejay
    teejay

For those of you who don't get it, this is humor.

Now, you KNOW this opening line was NOT for "those of you." You and I both know it was for kent.

Without this line, kent wouldn't have seen your 'humor', would've taken you seriously, and your "status" as one of the "elite," "high credibility" "seniors" would have been put in serious jeopardy. Very smooth move, larc, if it weren't so painfully obvious. You get a D-. Try again.

One of these days you might actually develope the nerve to openly diagree with one of your pals and mean it. If that ever happens, you'll be on your way toward genuine credibility.

• Tina
    Tina

ooooooooolarc LOL shall I assume the secret elitist position now hun? lol.....on a serious note,you are correct.On retrospect the words 'good bad'' are moralistic and a poor choice on my part...thanks for bringing that to my attention,hugd.luv,T

Jehovahs Witnesses,Proudly Serving Their Corporate Masters!

• larc
    larc

Tina,

Hugs, Hugs, Smooch, Smooch.

Kent,

If you have the proof for the evidence of troll behavior, hey, go for it. PS, I will have those FBI files and credit reports for you next week.

Teejay,

Do you grade on a curve?

• JAVA
    JAVA

For those of you who don't get it, this is not humor (so Kent will not be confused).

teejay said,

Without this line, kent wouldn't have seen your 'humor', would've taken you seriously, and your "status" as one of the "elite," "high credibility" "seniors" would have been put in serious jeopardy.

I didn't know Kent was in charge of the Status Committee teejay, thanks for the update. Kent, do you hold monthly meetings in the library, or do you hold court in the pub? I would like the status of "elite," and wonder how many beers this will cost?

Status is earned over time. (I don't like the term "status," but that's beside the point). I might not agree with some things written, but respect is built one post at a time as the personality and gifts of a person unfolds. Shallowness and jealously also becomes apparent, one post at a time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit