which celebrity death....?

by nowisee 36 Replies latest jw friends

• nowisee
    nowisee

just heard about the death of joel siegel, the entertainment critic for abc, and found myself, surprisingly, in tears. maybe it was because he had such a young son and made plans to let him know how much he was loved, long before he died. maybe because i have watched him for so many years. really it was john lennon's death which still affects me. i still miss him and wonder what he would have had to say, what he would have contributed to the dialogue of today. which celebrity death has affected you the most?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Frank Zappa.

• nowisee
    nowisee

frank zappa. because??

• poppers
    poppers

Celebrity - let's see, I was pretty broken up by Vince Lombardi's death, but he wasn't really a "celebrity". Then there's the Kennedys, but they weren't celebrities either. Same for Martin Luther King. How about Elvis Presley? I wasn't actually a fan but I was fascinated by the interest everyone took in it. Definitely John Lennon. That did bother me a lot. I had just come to really appreciate his music after years of resisting following the crowd's adulation of the Beatles. I was also deeply saddened by George Harrison's passing

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

just before Princess Diana died a friend of mine suddenly died. A woman who had a heart attack at age 52 and just suddenly died. So whenever I hear about Princess Diana I feel sad, but it's because of my friend.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I was saddened at the death of Gilda Radner when she died of cancer. What really bothered me about it was that it could have been prevented and she was still young (though I can't remember how old she was when she died); I loved her characters on SNL. What a loss.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Christopher Reeve's (superman) wife Dana Reeve, of lung cancer. I don't really know why, but if affected me deeply. She took such good care of and loved her husband, and kept the family together.

She passed away within months of her husband, never smoked, and left one young son. She was a beautiful woman, inside and out.

• nowisee
    nowisee

yes, poppers, i know what you mean. the political deaths have and will have ripple effects throughout history. i remember jfk, and 1968. recently visited the civil rights museum in memphis and was totally unprepared. you park in this large parking lot. the museum is to your right and there is this tall brick wall that you have to go around to get to the entrance to the museum. you go around it and there is the motel where mlk jr. was shot. it suddenly all comes back, the fingers pointing to the building across the street from where the shots came. stunning. the political deaths still resound. yet the celebrity deaths, or certain ones, still do too.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I've never cried over a celebrity...I don't actually know these people. And I'm not the type to follow thier going-ons.

But SNL reminded me of Chris Farley. I wish he was still around...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Kurt Cobain and Chris Farley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit