which celebrity death....?

by nowisee 36 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Jim Henson--Muppets genius. and Roger Miller.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Gilda Radner

her dying of cancer just tore me up.

how could anyone so funny and full of life be killed by such a horrible disease. it was so unfair!

i admire her efforts in her last years to reach out to other people with cancer and there are still foundations in her name today.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Ronald Reagan; even though it was expected, I grew up during his presidency, haven't really liked any of the presidents we've had since then. I still have the newspaper from that day with his pic on the font page.

Charles Bronson; used to watch lots of his old movies on tv with my father, didn't know how little I knew about him until he died and I Googled him, though. Found out his real name was Buchinsky, he changed it during the 'better dead than red' years out of fear of being blacklisted. Also discovered that not only did he play a lot of military characters, but he actually served during WWII, which made me respect him even more. Biggest shocker of all to me though, was finding out that like many other fans, I mistakenly thought he was Hispanic, his ancestry was actually Lithuanian. Anyway, I went out that weekend and rented a bunch of his old movies as a sort of tribute.

Gene Rodenberry, DeForrest Kelley, and James Doohan; I love Star Trek, for many reasons, and all of the people who die that were connected to it sadden me, but when/if Nichelle Nichols dies I will probably cry. I suppose it might seem silly to some, but she was one of the very first black women I found attractive, and sorta broadened my perspective on women...I grew up in a town that was 99% white. Since I'm now married to a black woman, I give some credit for that to Uhura/Miss Nichols.

Isaac Asimov; not really a 'celebrity' per se, but I'm a big sci fi fan, grew up reading Asimov and Heinlein, all the greats... I re-read a lot of my old Asimov books when I heard.

• RR
    RR

The Taco Bell Dog

• d
    d

I was saddend by the Death of Mitchael Jackson and the death of Patrick Swayze and the death of Bernie Mac.Even though he was not a celebrity in the traditional sense the death of Raymond Franz.May they all rest in peace

• Twitch
    Twitch

Interesting question. Actually, no famous person's death affected my personnally, with the exception of one. A little known actress named Caitlin Clarke. I had a huge preteen "crush" on her and was sad to hear of her death in 2004. Strange.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

John Ritter is the only celeb death that actually made me sad. I watched Three's Company episodes countless time growing up and always loved him. Till this day watching him on that show always makes me laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit