JW mother in law's comments nearly send my son into outrage ....

by troubled mind 20 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Only proves that many jws put the FDS/GB in the place of Jesus between them and God.

Blondie

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Yeah...I remember that kind of remark when they talked about "when the persecution hits" and we HAVE to make all the meetings to know where the next one will be.

Well, what's pretty cool is that with the witnesses constantly bugging you, "when the persecution hits" they'll be able to tell you where the meeting is.

Or, you'll be able to laugh at them.

My guess, nothing's going to hit, and they'll still be bugging you.

• garybuss
    garybuss

When my parents were still speaking to me I'd make duty visits to see them and they'd sit and tell me all about the family dinners and family get togethers that I wasn't invited to . . . and they didn't see one thing wrong with doing that.

I thought it was disrespectful not to invite me and it was rude to tell me about it after the fact. After a few years of this, it got old and I asked my dad if the reason they didn't invite me was because I quit the Witness religion and he said yes.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I feel very bad and sad for you Gary, the way your family treated you because of a false relgion. That organization screwed everybody here.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Did you ever ask him why he told you after the fact gary?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    They make it a point to stay with worldly family and make special arrangements to get together with them , but because we no longer attend meetings we have to call first before we come over to visit in case other witnesses may be there.

That's their problem. Just show up, that's what normal family does, and it's not buying into their rules.

Your son sounds pretty smart. Go tell him you're proud of him.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: Did you ever ask him why he told you after the fact gary?
    I knew why. They disrespected me and they foolishly thought my role was to keep accepting that disrespect.

Many of the Witnesses I know have this arrogant attitude and they exclude and insult us and we're expected to like it and come back for more. They think by being jerks we'll love them more and we'll want to rush back to join them. That's wrong . . . at least for me.

You can insult me and exclude me and disrespect my family and me, but in short order you better like doing that from a distance. We're not putting up with it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are a messed up lot they still centre their lives and objectives about an end of the world that never arrives and their leaders admitted it may well never come for a long time yet, the figurative generation that has no time limit to it.

Still it's surprising that they visit you if you are ex JWs though you would be better off without them coming to talk about their devious religion.

• Gill
    Gill

I don't know how you keep your cool Troubled Mind!

I don't like to spend too much time with JWs as they irritate the hell out of me with their pontificating and arrogance!

My poor husband had to put up with my mother telling him that he was 'unqualified' to be an Elder, unlike other members of the family. He simply said he had never aspired to be an arsehole, which quickly shut her up! We haven't seen her since except for one occassion where she wanted her holiday flights booking on line.

I know that with cult members, we should spend time with them and try to be nice to them so as not to drive them deeper into the cult, but, personally I find time with JWs is like time spent with a pit of vipers. You've got to be careful what you say and do so as not to get bitten. I prefer to avoid the whole scenario......much to their loss I fear.

• moshe
    moshe

I am sure glad none of my family are JW's. It amazes me how rude JW's can be- and insensitive about others feelings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit