I can't do anything about...

by Blueblades 23 Replies latest jw friends

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Blueblades,

Even when I was an active JW, I was rather circumspect as to beliefs, apart from basic ones : one god, Jesus's sacrifice. Wasn't even sure about resurrection. Now, feeling as many overhere do, that I've been deceived by an organization which cares mainly for itself, I'm outright sceptical and I've gotten this conviction that there is possibly no trustworthy religious organization. So, as for afterlife, I suggest we leave it in Jehovah's hands, He is the only one who is able to sort things out, who can see sincerity and hypocrisy within each indidual. After all, He has to do His share since He has allowed an organization to bear His name and yet not meet honesthearted people's spiritual expectations.Conclusion, let's trust God, besides we have little choice.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thank you all for sharing. You all added something to my thoughts. You have each given me pause. I care very much what each one of you have to say about my topic.

Blueblades

• I Know what I like, and I like what I know
    I Know what I like, and I like what I know

Hi Blueblades, great post! Why try to find answers when there aren't any?

The more I see the less I know
    The more I like to let it go

I know

• exwitless
    exwitless

I completely agree with your thoughts. A few months ago I posted something similar. When we DAd in Sept. of 2006, I was really confused about what to believe. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that I don't need to believe anything. I'm not athiest, christian, or any other title right now. I decided that whether "God" exists, whether creation vs. evolution occurred, whether there's a resurrection or heaven or hell or nothing when we die, I can't KNOW for a fact any of it. Since I can't KNOW it, I won't beat myself up about the possibility that I might believe something that is right or wrong. I plan to just live day to day, and now that I don't have to "wait on Jehovah" to make my life better, I can make choices and plan for the future with a more positive outlook. Good luck to you!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yep. Feels good to let it go.

Thanks for posting this bro.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have pretty much lived my life with a degree of worry about "what's gonna happen to me"....more so as a JW when I had serious steps I had agreed to follow. I have never been afraid of death as far back as I could remember, but that wasn't used as an excuse to a dog-eat-dog existence either.

The older I get, the less I worry about this type of thing and take each day as it comes. I worry more about taking my raincoat when the weather looks "iffy" than worrying about how I am going to cope with a disturbing problem confronting me.

If I don't feel well....I lay down and take it easy. If I am hungry during the night...I get up and fix something to eat. I don't worry about clutter left on the dining room table or the clothes hamper not quite closing because laundry needs to be done. I wish I had adopted this attitude years ago.

It is VERY freeing....at long last.

hugs,

Annie

• Warlock
    Warlock

So far, every poster on this thread is over 30.

Warlock

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Go on Warlock.............................

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Seriously Warlock.

I want to hear what you have to say.

It sounds like it may be profound.

Or did you already say it?

• Warlock
    Warlock

nvr,

I'm a man of few words.

Warlock

Share this