District Convention talk on Education

by Mystery 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

She said she already heard it at her convention in Dekalb, Illinois - so either it was the same speaker or someone who copied off him or it was in the outline.

Unreal! The speaker at our convention is currently serving as a CO for Washington Circuit #1. His last name is Lau, Lowl, or something like that. Perhaps you wife has this info in her notes? Then we could verify if it the same individual.

Regards,

Justitia

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

That isn't even funny. People laughed and clapped? That's just fucked. Sounds like a comment and attitude worthy of getting up, walking out and never looking back over. Seems like the "brothers" allegedly "known for their love" and allegedly LAUGHING AND CLAPPING at the thought of billions of dead people, are having to do an Awful lot of screwy mental gymnastics to convince themselves that being uneducated is really the "best way of life".

Did this really happen? I was under the impression the JWs were softening their stance on education.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

I believe the talk is "The Superiority of Being Taught by Jehovah." I went to the DC in Duluth, GA and the D.E.A.D comment wasn't made there. Still it was a typically higher education is bad for you talk... I'll post the audio later on tonight if anyone is interested in hearing it.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    There's plenty of "college degree envy" out there among the dubs.

Aaaahhh yes .... you hit the nail on the head.....E.N.V.Y.

What a ridiculous comment for a speaker to make. How in hell do they expect the "Paradise" and "New System" to work filled with only uneducated people. I'd rather die at Armageddon.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

E.N.V.Y. is right on. This is a classic case of where some "brother(?)" lost his chance for a college education, and now he wants to destroy that value for everyone else. Pure envy at its purest: this is even worse than jealousy (which would mean that the brother would want that education himself). I predict what life is going to be for whoever initiated that comment: S.T.A.G.N.A.N.T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit