How open-minded are you since leaving Jehovah's Witnesses?

by nvrgnbk 40 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

I now believe everyone has the right to believe whatever they want, so long as they don't infringe on the rights of others to do the same. Since I left the dubs, I've learnt that just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't make them a bad person.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When I was a Watchtower Slave I was credulous. I had the tendency to believe everything that they told us too readily. I suffered from credulity.

Now, I am open-minded but not so easily gullible. My open-mindedness means that I am now open to new ideas free from prejudice or bias.

I still remain what I call, a member of "The Doubting Thomas Class". The Sriptures tell us that Thomas was rewarded with a personal visit from Jesus when he strongly expressed his doubts, he was not punished. Doubting has it's rewards. Evidence removes doubt.

So, NVR, I am open-minded yet not gullible and still remain doubtful, unsettled in some opinions and beliefs. In this I currently remain.

Blueblades

• Open mind
    Open mind

A closed mind is a safe mind.

Damn it, where'd I put those blinders?!?

Open Mind

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Very open minded, I tend to accept people for who they are. I don't judge anyone as I don't like to be judged!

nj

• ibme
    ibme

Eclipse,

That was wonderful.

My I use it to share with others?

Thanks

• JH
    JH

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

My honey says that I'm still a very judgemental person; personally, I think I've become far less so than I was.

I do find myself being very impatient with Christians, though, and with their beliefs. I have to remind myself that they have as much right to their faith as I do to mine, and I force myself not to be rude to them. It's something I'm working on.

• juni
    juni

After 21 years of being so repressed and told how to think and what to do, it feels so good to make my own choices.

I still walk the high moral ground, but not puritanical in all my thoughts. LOL

I am not quick to judge others and feel they have the right to make their own choices w/o me denouncing them. As long as they are not hurting someone or committing a crime.

I respect others' religious beliefs even though I personally have no place in my life for organized religion. Spirituality - that is completely different. To me that's important.

Juni

• Warlock
    Warlock

So open minded, that my brain fell out, not once, but twice!

Warlock

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

So open minded, that my brain fell out, not once, but twice!

Warlock

that explains it ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit