AlanF Interview with Creation Book author Harry Peloyan 1997

by besty 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jeanV
    jeanV
    As for Ray Franz, he had the humility -- ultimately -- to admit that for many years he had lied to himself.

ultimately, one day, even harry may see that he has lied to himself all his life. It is quite interesting how our mind works and how we all constantly have the tendency of deceiving ourselves.

Of course it makes a huge difference (on the effect) if you are the US president (and believe Saddam Hussein has WMD), the director of a newspaper, the head of an organisation or if what you say/write does not affect anyone.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

great post!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

timetochange - I don't mean any disrespect but I am a little puzzled by your response to Alan. It didn't seem like you had even

read his reply because you asked the same things that he had already answered.

Alan - Here, here!

• sf
    sf

these men are like aging little children who have not had a solid dose of reality

Or any "solid spiritual food".

Good to see ya Alan.

I really implore lurkers, new studies, old studies and new forum members to read AlanF posts and topics. Also, he is embedded into google.

sKally

• timetochange
    timetochange

AlanF,

Did Harry Peloyan ever do this?

You are quick to condemn a man who sought to change things for the better, albeit in his own way. Apparently, your way is the only way. If a man does not publicly declare his opposition to a system he has devoted his life to but rather attempts to iniate positive change within that system he, in your view, is condemned. Ray attempted to do that very thing and he, to an extent, succeeded until the machine ate him and Ed Dunlap up. Yet, that insidious thing, belief in a system, impelled him, it impelled Ray to continue on as a Witness though he was expelled from Bethel and Ed had been disfellowshipped. If you had come across him at that very time and in your present state of mind you likely would have condemned Ray as well.

I hope better for you AlanF. I hope in your later years, your wrong steps and words will be overlooked by your peers when they are viewed and weighed alongside your sincere attempts to help your fellow. We all falter and we all fail at some time in our lives. It is that recognition in ourselves and in others that keeps us balanced, that keeps us humble.

Anger blinds. Ray is free from anger this is what makes him great. Until we ourselves conquer our anger with the Society we will continue to be their slaves!

Who is the real enemy? The Watchtower Society or mankind itself? The Watchtower has done nothing that is not common to men, I therefore refuse to waste my energy fighting windmills. I prefer to live!

I hope all the best for you.

• Terry
    Terry

What is integrity if not being whole in action with what you think in your mind?

People who doubt are scrupulous. But, until people who doubt act to correct the doubt they are not moral.

I personally know several lifelong JW's who are bitter about what the Society has done over the years. Yet, they lack the moral integrity and intellectual honesty to stand up and be counted. It is fear of man plain and simple.

JW's boast of not fearing man and putting pure worship before anything. Yet, they tremble at the thought of voicing loudly what they see to be false or contradictory information represented as the Truth from Brooklyn.

The scuttlebutt I hear is that anybody who has been in the "truth" for more than 20 years is sick at heart and pissed off.

There is no Loyal Opposition, no impeachment, no fair hearing and no recall in the Society's bylaws. A corrective mechanism does not exist ON PURPOSE!

This is the plainest indication that Truth is not in them.

A man like Harry Peloyan exhibited the worse trait a human being can possess; loyalty to a group over loyalty to truth.

A man without integrity is capable of the vilest deeds imaginable.

Remember, even Mussolini kept the trains running on time.

• AlanF
    AlanF

timetochange wrote:

::Did Harry Peloyan ever do this?

: You are quick to condemn a man who sought to change things for the better, albeit in his own way.

You're letting your personal feelings for this man cloud your judgment. I've stated several times why I condemn Peloyan: he was arrogantly and pridefully dishonest in handling his responsibility of writing and publishing widely dispersed Watchtower literature, he knowingly deceived millions, he was not a man of integrity, and he was unrepentant. You cannot disagree with this; you obviously knew the man. Peloyan's good work in the area of trying to reform the Society's mishandling of child molestation cases, as described by Barbara Anderson, in no way negates this. A philanthropist who molests a child will rightly be condemned for his criminal action despite his philanthropy, do you not agree?

Let me ask you this: since you knew Peloyan, why do you think he was unrepentant about publishing so much dishonest information in the 1985 Creation book and similar works?

: Apparently, your way is the only way.

Apparently, ascribing emotions to me that I do not have is your way of excusing Peloyan. I'm not saying anything other than that Peloyan ought to have displayed integrity by doing whatever he could to retract the gross misrepresentations in the Creation book and in other publications, after having them pointed out by many readers. I'm not saying that he should have gone public with this. I'm saying that Peloyan should have forthrightly acknowledged the errors to anyone who wrote in and complained. I'm saying that Peloyan should have displayed humility rather than extreme arrogance when the Society's and his lapses were shown to him. I'm saying that Peloyan should have put his money where his mouth was and acted as a Christian rather than a prideful religious official. After all, wasn't it Jesus who said that much would be expected of those who allowed themselves to be put in positions of great responsibility? You seem to want to allow for these Watchtower leaders exactly the same diametrically opposed things that they demand for themselves -- great respect for them personally in their self-appointed positions of spiritual leaders, yet complete lack of accountability. I don't buy it.

: If a man does not publicly declare his opposition to a system he has devoted his life to but rather attempts to iniate positive change within that system he, in your view, is condemned.

Wrong. See above.

: Ray attempted to do that very thing and he, to an extent, succeeded until the machine ate him and Ed Dunlap up. Yet, that insidious thing, belief in a system, impelled him, it impelled Ray to continue on as a Witness though he was expelled from Bethel and Ed had been disfellowshipped. If you had come across him at that very time and in your present state of mind you likely would have condemned Ray as well.

Not unless I had ferreted out the facts about his attitude. But once again, actions speak louder than words. Ray demonstrated repentance in a big and useful way. Did Peloyan ever do that?

I am aware of other Watchtower officials who used their power to reach out beyond Bethel and do much good to reverse the bad effects of the Society's, and even perhaps their own previous unchristian behavior. Did Peloyan ever do anything like that? Not bloody likely.

You seem to think that pointing out that I, like everyone else, has foibles somehow excuses Peloyan for his gross deliquency. I don't buy it.

AlanF

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thanks for "top 5"ing this BluesBrother. Great stuff that I missed.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Marking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit