by jibberish 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

My old one had windows

with bars

oh wait........that was my cell

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Our local kh has windows - but very high up so you can't look out of them. One elswhere in town was a quick-build and that has no windows as far as I can remember. Maybe it's the fact that the new ones are quick-build and not necessarily by skilled builders - there's more chance of something going wrong structurally if there are a lot of windows?

• misguided
    misguided

I've been to a lot of Kingdom Halls...only 1 had windows.

Maybe it has something to do with building codes in certain area s as to whether they put windows in or not?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

The main reason is security. Unless a Kingdom Hall is surrounded with lots of lighting, it's a great temptation to thieves who in the dark can easily break through a glass window. I install windows and doors part-time. Windows usually don't cost any more than the brick and mortar, etc., that they replace.

Frank
    http://formerjw.homestead.com

• emptywords
    emptywords

When I was in NY city in 94 some KH had no windows, I asked and was told because the windows would get smashed all the time, have to replace them, besides being safer. Here in Oz all KH have windows and heaps of them.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

All the KH in South Africa have windows cause it's a building regulation. I think it's to cut costs. I don't think it was part of the mind control freaky stuff, just about good old money.

• jibberish
    jibberish

This is interesting to me too.......

Don't churches have sound equipment ect worth trying to steal in them too? - and they have lots of windows.

I had heard the analogy too that it was to keep people from breaking in, tired of having to keep replace the windows........

Churches aren't doing the same, bricking up windows, building new without windows...

hmmmmmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit