Why do KH's not have any windows?

by jibberish 26 Replies latest jw friends

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

The main reason is security. Expensive sound equipment and other items were regularly stolen from Kingdom Halls in the past. Windows allowed thieves to have a peak inside to spy out where valuables might be located. Additionally, in a small number of cases, stones and even bullets passed through windows while congregations were having meetings.

Another reason is that see-through windows invite distractions away from what's happening on the platform.

A third reason not to be overlooked is paranoia. JWs feel vindicated when they are "persecuted." No windows adds to the specter of being "God's organization under worldwide attack."

Frank
    http://formerjw.homestead.com

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

When you have a bunch of Window washers in one room the last thing they want to see are friggen windows!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

lol Andre, you might be on to something there.

• JH
    JH

It's because they don't want you to day dream and look at the happy people outside enjoying themselves.

• DJK
    DJK
    When you have a bunch of Window washers in one room the last thing they want to see are friggen windows!!

LMAOL.

It might be less work for the elders. Imagine all the bids they get for cleaning them.

• Undecided
    Undecided

The one they built here a couple of years ago has windows.

Ken P.

• Rubens
    Rubens

I never gave any thought to this in the past, but its so true. My initial guess would be cost, and I'm sure it would make the weekend builds go a lot quicker. However, not having windows also means no distractions from the outside world, no wandering... just focus on the stuff they want you to learn.

Rubens

• yesidid
    yesidid

I've never been in a KH without windows, an I bin in lots a KH's

• PEC
    PEC

keeps people from looking outside and daydreaming

They would rather have you sleep than look outside and daydream. Sleeping is what I did at the KH for 18 years.

Philip

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I've been in a lot of Kingdom Halls, and only one had no windows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit