Why do KH's not have any windows?

by jibberish 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jibberish
    jibberish

What is the real reason why kingdum halls don't have windows? To people on the outside looking in that is just too wierd and very cult like like they have something to hide.

Wasn't in the 80's when they started to build them without windows?

Jib

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Because I might be holding a rock. Kidding.

GBL

• jibberish
    jibberish

LOL!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

That way on the day they start passing around the mandatory Kool-Aid, they'll only have to bar the doors.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I thought it was to quiet the screams of the baby goats.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The first hall I ever went to was torn down last year and a new one built in its place. It has more windows than the old one did.

W

• Brigid
    Brigid

I've heard the official story is because it is less costly to build, heat, maintain without windows. However, it is very metaphoric, don't you think? Once you go in, you cannot see the outside world, and people cannot truly see what goes on within that "building" without stepping completely inside? Very cloistered. Very wombish (in a hellish sort of way). Very creepy.

Though I went to a hall one time that had a window in Colorado and I could not stop looking out of the window. I was out of the organization in a very short time thereafter.

I think so much about this religion is either designed or just inadvertantly subjugating to the human spirit and soul. Even down to the lack of windows. No doubt, some people still need spiritual wombs but it's not one with any escape; any window; any egress.

Besides, it is a fire hazard not to have windows.

~B.

• delilah
    delilah

So, it was YOU, who kept breaking the windows in my old KH??? When I was a teen, we used to have different MS's take turns, patrolling the parking lot at the KH, in order to thwart the neighbourhood kids from throwing rocks through the windows.

Finally, after a few years of constant replacing of the glass, they just bricked them in. I noticed the KH where I live now, has windows in front, and you can see inside the main auditorium as you drive by. This KH is about 22 years old.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Why do they do anything? $$$$

Kwin

• eclipse
    eclipse

The kingdom halls on the island in the caribbean that I visted had lots of BIG windows, at least 5 or 6 all along both sides. they were always open, and the curtains would sway in the breeze...it was always bright and cheery...unlike the gloomy, windowless flourescent lighted halls in other parts of the world.

The new halls though, I think are all built windowless...keeps people from looking outside and daydreaming

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit