Well now I'm just angry

by lola28 25 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

you could still be a rockstar, I'll be your manager and get 10%? Good deal, right?

Lola

• watson
    watson

Meanwhile the elders who pushed me to do more had great jobs, fancy new trucks, every toy they wanted and could never go out in service because they were too tired.

They're always looking for humble hard working employees, ya know...

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I find it especially ironic in light of the conversation I just had with my mom (dyed in the wood and dead in the brain dub) in which she assured me vociferously that "they aren't like that anymore!" in discouraging going to college. But my mom (like all dubs) hears what she wants to hear...

• Island Bro
    Island Bro

I just wanted to throw in the other side. I am still a witness and i took advantage of what they said to make the most of my mandatory education and I did. Always got 4.0 in High school. I opted for a charter high school that would allow more time for field service and custom curriculum. As a result I was able to get a $18/hr starting wage right out of HS. Working in marketing and advertising. I have moved up in the company and now make $21.50/hr and work part time. This way I can Pioneer. And live on my own. I believe that I made the right choice for me but of course not everyone has the same opportunities. The only reason that I am hear is that I have a hard time with homosexual attraction and i have a few friends here that are helping me. But I do believe that this is the TRUTH. PS. please don't comment, trying to get me to believe otherwise OK. I am a very strong person. Don't waste your time. Please be up building.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I can understand your anger. It's infuriating to me too.

I was considered "marked" in the JW congregation I grew up in, for finishing Grade 12, instead of dropping out of high school to pioneer. (Even though I spent my high school years working two part-time jobs and auxiliary pioneering at every chance.) Post-secondary education was out of the question at that time. A complete taboo. Even if it had been allowed on a technical level, it was made impossible by the strict never miss a meeting and don't read secular books type "guidelines".

Some years after graduating high school (to the bane of my congregations existence), I discovered at a meeting for those interested in serving at Bethel, that they'd changed the post-secondary rules to the extent that they Prefer bethelite applicants WITH degrees to those without.

To me these sorts of things seem to be yet another example of how that organization is little more than a hypocritical cut-throat business whose stunted morality and nonexistent ethics has everything to do with their own self-service and has little or no association with that thing called love.

On the upside, it's very very freeing to see that the WT org is no different than any other group, club, religion, corporation or governmental structure, where human politics reigns supreme to good sense. (Except, perhaps, in their laughable, haughty, extremist, narcissism as self-appointed mouthpieces for an almighty god.)

I no longer allot those madmen any power over me.
    I prefer to live conscientiously, in humility.
    I'm tellin' ya, it's already a whole new world! ;)

• sparrow
    sparrow

I missed my boat on that one sorry Lola. I'm just the occasional wedding singer now... "Self taught, no lessons...OW!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit