Well now I'm just angry

by lola28 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

The Governing Body would not be seen dead in an old car, nasty housing, old clothing, and they certainly don't go without food.

Why do they expect the R and F to do without the essentials of life and certainly good and serviceable essentials of life. These things cannot be bought without a good education and good job.

You have reason to be angry Lola!

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Meanwhile the elders who pushed me to do more had great jobs, fancy new trucks, every toy they wanted and could never go out in service because they were too tired.

How true! How many brothers can anyone think of that were of the lower class and granted privleges such as MS or Elder?

You're expected to 'do more', yet those who ignore this and make a career for themselves or go into business (usually building), rarely go out in field service themselves are 'promoted'. Never made sense to me, never will. Then they would look down on you in your rented home with second hand furniture as if you were trash while you're eagerly trying to 'do more' to please them...

P.S. Rant on here anytime lola!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

good post Lola,

purps

• Mary
    Mary
    I just read Blondie’s WT review and it made me angry. How can the Society continue to place more importance on pioneering than getting an education or getting a good job? Why do these men insist on making young ones (and even older members) feel bad for wanting to have a secure future, what the hell is wrong with not wanting to live in a tent?

My own feeling is that the WTS doesn't care if you have lots of money----in fact, they probably welcome that for two reasons: 1) Being well off might mean more cha-ching in the WT's pockets if they can convince you to leave much of your wealth to them instead of your kids; and b) It would give someone a greater opportunity to pioneer. It's not having the money that they're afraid of----it's the idea of anyone going to university and accumulating knowledge that scares them. As mentioned several times on this board, univeristy makes you think critically, it makes you analyze things from outside the box, to question, to reason and to actually use the brain God gave you. To any leaders of a high control group, these are the biggest threats to the House of Cards they've built. How many times have we heard the phrase "independent thinking" in a negative way?

It's the education they view as a threat----not the wealth.

• unique1
    unique1

GET EM LOLA!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Society will not take care of you when you work like a slave for them so why would they care about you when you get to where you can't work for them?

I saw an old coupel waste their lives away for the Watchtower Society.

NO kids

NO education

NO Savings

NO retirement

They died and had JW memorials

2 minutes telling the mourners about 80 years as a Watchtower slave out of 20 minutes of infomercial was a sham and disgrace

• flipper
    flipper

Lola- Mr. Flipper here. I have a younger witness daughter (19) who won't have much to do with me because of being out of the org. But her mother, my ex , insisted on her getting only home schooled education through high school which I feel led her to have a lack of social skills. My daughter did get her registered dental assistant liscence, and went to work for a dentist at age 18. She only lasted one or 2 months if that because she is so opiniated that she couldn't get along with co-workers. When I asked her why she didn't try to get another job with another dentist her reply was," Oh well! I'm getting married to a brother who is an electrician, so I don't need the job. At least I have the training if I need a job in the future". I felt like telling her she needs social skills training, but she wouldn' t listen. Won't waste my breath.But the witnesses don't realize what a disservice they are doing for all their youth by discouraging education.By the way, have a 22 year old non witness son who is doing great in a university. Go figure.Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• gymbob
    gymbob

Good post Gill...

After living at bethel a few years I can tell you how the GB live....LIKE ROYALTY!

The best of everything. They live rent free on one of the most expensive pieces of property on the planet overlooking lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. They eat fresh food daily, grown on the WT farms. They are treated like they have a direct connection to heaven everywhere they go.

While they say they also work daily, they have no clue what that really is. Have you ever seen a GB member on a night watchman or dish duty schedule?

They can travel anywhere in the world they choose to and call it a "Zone visit", then give a half-hour talk where everything they say will be taken as if it was god himself speaking, and then relax on the beach the rest of the time, while everyone in their world wants to take them out to dinner, or have a picture taken with them, or just TALK AND BE SEEN WITH THEM!

They are the peak of the world they have created and control....that's very important to them.

• juni
    juni

Thanks Lola for getting the "word" out about education and that it is not a sin to have "things".

I'm sure your message has meant a lot to young people starting out and even those who are "older". Yes. Isn't it hypocritical to discourage others from improving themselves and yet they live in luxury?

Hugs, Juni

• sparrow
    sparrow

You're mad? I wanted to be a rock star!! Can't play in rock band - that's devil music...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit