• outnfree
    outnfree

It IS Good, isn't it?!!???

((((((((((Ian)))))))))

out

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

((((dansk)))))

thank you for that. you have such a beautiful way of putting things into perspective!

please let us know how you are when you are in the hospital!

• greendawn
    greendawn

You are in a buoyant mood and your post radiates with joy and vitality, keep it up. It's also great to be sensitive to the many simple joys of life that most see as imsignificant. Your garden sounds like a wonderful piece of ecological work.

• Roski
    Roski

Your garden sounds wonderful - have you ever psoted any photo's? I constantly plan what my next garden will be after leaving this job/country/apartment. I really like the idea of having a frog pond. It all sounds very healing.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

You are "spiritual" Ian. You always lift everyone's spirits on this board with your zest and joy for life in the midst of pain and suffering.

I too am an atheist, (and fledgling writer) and since I have left JW's I feel more spiritual than I have ever felt in my 40 years in the org. Right now, I am exploring the spiritual concept of the "interconnectedness" of everything. When I was a JW I never felt connected to my fellow man. It was "us" and "them". Now I see so much of the beauty of life and people, existing right alongside the ugly. Isn't it strange how in the midst of pain and suffering, such as you are experiencing, the beauty in birds and gardens and children and coffee cake just becomes so much more poignant?

With love,

Cog

• Gill
    Gill

Ian !!!! Glad to read that you're feeling so good!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear ALL,

I have to say that your posts have made me rise at least two inches! I really am so flattered and upbuilt by what you've said.

Regarding my garden, it is large by English suburban standards but not the quintessential manicured type so often associated with my country. My front garden is more like that, but my beloved back garden is purely for the wildlife and my three dogs (there's a lawned area where the dogs and I play and where we can hang our washing). The rest is taken up by a conservatory which overlooks the small pond and the meadows. The spring meadow is virtually flat now due to the incessant rain the UK has been experiencing - the worst since records began! - but the summer meadow, constructed for my beloved Claire by Dominic and I earlier this year, is growing nicely but there's a lot of growth left in it and I can't see full height being obtained until the end of July at the earliest. We're having such a wet summer...............................

Beautiful? To me it is, but there needs to be more colour. So many yellows and whites but nowhere nearly enough reds and blues. It's something I'll be working on for next year (I'll have to get more seeds in).

Yes, being back to virtually full health and being free of the confines of Watchtower has allowed me to appreciate nature and people far more. I'm no longer so judgemental, but I DO get irritated by religious intolerance and impatience as is so often highlighted on the news. I don't think we'll ever get true integration between the different races here until religious schools are banned. Children should be allowed to play and grow up together and experience how we are all the same. Their religion should be kept at home!

As for my inspiring people, if that's the case I'm truly blessed - but it is YOU who inspired me and continue to do so! So often I have read a post that has uplifted me to the greatest heights. So often I have read how someone has struggled against all the odds and come out victorious. So often I have taken another look at myself because a great post has made me realise something can be changed for the better. So often I have felt the love and compassion of others permeate the forum and have me almost gliding on air with enthusiasm.

Yes, life is good! But it is YOU who makes it happen.

Love,

Ian

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Ian, despite all you've been through and that you are still waiting for the release of your captive daughter (it will happen), I feel that I'm still entitled to call you a lucky git!

To remain happy and positive is something that many people struggle with under 'normal' conditions, the fact that you do it - and share it with us - reveals the inner man and a depth of character that deserves to be recognised.

Or maybe your just too simple to be miserable!

• Mary
    Mary

Ian, I always feel so good when I read your posts. Your positive attitude in the face of sickness, your recovery and your determination to appreciate life is an inspiration to us all.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

((((Ian)))) I just cannot believe how much love, respect and compassion I have for you and we've never even met!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit