Strange visit

by bagpuss 16 Replies latest jw friends

• bagpuss
    bagpuss

After 4 years away from meetings and no contact with the cong I attended, yesterday I answered the door to find an elder at the door. He was PO in my cong but has been removed I had heard. He said he was calling about the disaster fund and that the society wanted to update everyones details like phone numbers and contacts. He said everyone was being called on. I said I did not want to give my details which threw him a bit and he went on rabbiting about the state of the world and how tornados were getting nearer!!! He left when I again refused to give any details.

My son also heard this conversation and was as confused as me. What is the disaster fund? we thought a fund was to collect money but that wasn't mentioned. Anyone cast any light on this strange visit?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Don't know for sure - but it sounds like they are trying to create a Jw network of info to assure that everyone is fine after a natural disaster.

Commendable in itself, but they will walk over the bloody and injured to care for a Jw. Good practice for post-Armageddon I suppose. They should also take a course in being able to handle crows plucking eyes. That would be useful.

Jeff

• ninja
    ninja

tell him to beat it....sounds like a weirdo

• Gopher
    Gopher
    He said he was calling about the disaster fund

What B.S. !! The WTS only collects money into its "Worldwide Work" fund and distributes it wherever it damn well pleases, when it wants to. As has been documented elsewhere on this forum, the WTS does not want contributions to be directed to specific areas of the world (like the Hurricane Katrina zone).

This attempt to collect information on inactive members smells a lot like an attempt at control. Nobody needs to give out "phone numbers and contacts" to nutjobs coming to call at their house.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I agree with Gopher, it was a fishing expedition.

• ninja
    ninja

mrs jones may I say you are looking particularly ravishing on your wee avatar!!....drooling ninja

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    They should also take a course in being able to handle crows plucking eyes.

LMFAO...........has anyone noticed how big those suckers are getting? At least here in wisconsin they are. They look like they could swallow you whole!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

disaster fund = Beer Money

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you Ninja

• ninja
    ninja

soz jonesy...I'm still drooling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest