Strange visit

by bagpuss 16 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

They are on a push to have everyone's contact info up-to-date and in a safe place in case of disasters.

After Katrina many JWs were missing and no one knew how to contact them. From what I've heard they never really figured out what happened to many of them.

I'd like to think that many took the oppurtunity to fade away. And it may be that the WTS thought of the same thing, so they came up with the idea of making sure that the elders have cell phone numbers so that they can contact everyone "to make sure everyone is okay".

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

What good would phone numbers be if a disaster were to occur? Chances are if your home and personal items would be distroyed also.

HMMM?

nj

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I'm guessing he accidently said "fund" (habit perhaps?)

My family had to fill out forms and such with our information, nothing about money was involved.

And to answer ex-nj-jw's point, they had a required person that you would contact that lives in a different state. In the event you're able to contact someone, you contact that person, and they update elders as to your status.

But how the elders would get in contact with them is just as puzzling...Not a very well thought out plan now that I think about it.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I seem to recall on another thread that JW's in Canada were starting to do the same thing.

The answer seemed to be that the Govt was offering money to organizations that would help gather information on groups religious or otherwise that they could data base in an emergency situation

It seems to be all about the money.

• geevee
    geevee

They did have a disaster plan in times past. Different ones with equipment and so forth in case they needed it if there was a disater. Why wouldn't it include phone numbers of everyone ever connected with the borg.

Also a good way to get a foot in the door of us "ex's". Apply a little pressure and see if we are in a hurry to hand over our contact details.

Let's them see where we are in the stream on mind control......do we hand it over like they still own us, or tell the to p*#s off! Then they can start on us properly....... sounding paranoid?..... yes/no...

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

He's a bit late. This directive came down (atleast here in Canada) last summer.

BB

• LiveLife
    LiveLife

Bumble Bee,

The CO must have reamed them on his last trip through about not having the list done yet. He'd be due to visit again shortly and that always creates a flurry of BS activity on the part of the elder body to show an effort at appeasing their mini-deity with offerings of instructions fulfilled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit