A call from the GRAVE!

by ButtLight 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Ok, since others are posting "boo" threads, I will too

Would you bury a loved one with a cell phone?

I was watching Sylvia Browne yesterday. There was a woman on there who had 4 brothers and sisters. (5 kids total I mean) When their mom passed away, they had her cremated, and buried her with her cell phone. All five kids got phone calls, from their mom after she was gone. It showed her name and number on the caller ID, but no messages.

Cell phone company had no record of the call.

If it were me, I'd be digging up the grave to see if the cell phone was still there!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol I'm sitting here trying to figure out why someone would bury a cell phone with a cremated body. That is weird and funny.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Caller ID spoofing is extremely easy with the introduction of VoIP services. It sounds like someone who knew about the cell phone was playing a trick on them.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Okay.......................THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This place is getting scarier than the stock market. I'm logging off and leaving.

Warlock

• BFD
    BFD

Were they charged for long distance?

BFD

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Wouldnt the cell company have some type of record if someone used that number? Plus, Im sure they had her phone turned off when she passed away.

I guess someone else could have taken that number, after she was gone, and did it.....but yet, still the phone company would then have a record of who had that number now.

OR.......maybe the woman just made it up. They did have pics of the display on the phone, but that could be photoshopped too.

• Warlock
    Warlock

You can call 911 from any cell phone that HAD an account assigned to it and no longer has one assigned to it. That is the ONLY number the cell can call. The phone company has a way to trace it, for example if law enforcement needs to have it done.

Warlock

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I guess I'm dense. This lady had a cell phone. She died. She was cremated. She was buried(? - how do you bury someone who is cremated?) with her cell phone.

So - they were STILL paying for her cell phone to be connected? (This is usually a monthly bill)

Also - since she was dead and cremated - and supposedly there was no record of the phone call going through the carrier - this meant that she didn't need her cell phone anyway - if that makes sense.

Sounds like one of those 'urban legends' to me - unless you can explain how a cremated person gets buried.

Regards,

Jim TX

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It would be nice if it were true. But Sylvia Brown is show biz in the media. You cant trust anything you watch on tv. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Besides if she was creamated how would she hit the buttons to make the phone call?

Also it seems a little weird to bury someone who is cremated. I guess it takes all kinds.

My brother who is psychic claims he has spoken with my dead father and he claims he has out of body experiences. But you can believe all kinds of things in your own mind. How can a person discern reality from imagination in their own mind?

If Slyvia Brown is on the level, she should have the dead person call back on her show and then go out and dig up the phone. And I still wouldnt believe it. Because its show business.

Some people believe untangible things and some dont.

Still your post is very interesting.

Ps. Jim you could take the bag of ashes or urn and put it in a hole in the ground and it would be burried. Then at the same time put the cell phone in the urn in the hole. She could have payed for a month or 2 or more of minutes. I can immagine someone who was grieving keeping the cell phone on for a year.

I just immagined when people were cremated they would want the ashes or spread the ashes. My mother has my fathers ashes in the closet. They weigh about I would say 30 lbs for a man who probably weighed 100lbs when he died. Maybe they burn the casket too.

But I do recollect seeing a spot in the cemetary for urns.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Besides if she was creamated how would she hit the buttons to make the phone call?

Also it seems a little weird to bury someone who is cremated. I guess it takes all kinds.

LMFAO......even if she wasnt cremated, how would she hit the buttons!

I was wondering that myself. Dont people cremate to spread the ashes? Or keep them in the ern, or is that urn, or is it something else lmfao!

Do people bury ashes? I suppose you can do what you want!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit