moved on

by dogon 15 Replies latest jw friends

• dogon
    dogon

well I have moved, for real, I lived with my husband of 25 years only 3 miles from my mother and father. It seems that most of the witnesses they preferred to associate with, have all been disfellowshipped or divorced, or separated. They have not called me or tried to visit me for over 2 years. I have not gotten and explanation, and I have not been DAd or DFd, I just do not want to be part of the cult. I have not even made this known to them, My husband on the other hand has voiced his opposition. But even he is not DFd. So I do not know what the deal is with these stupid people. and they are stupid to follow a cult that has never been right on one thing it has ever said would come about.

My husband an myself have moved 1200 miles south of Michigan and relocated in Arkansas for now, we are also looking as work is better in Wichita and we have family on my husbands side there,along with two nieces that are 3 yo. and adorable.

I have tried and tried to get my mind around the fact that my parents do not call or write, I have had more contact with others in the old KH than with my parents. I look at my nieces and think how could any one keep away from family because they did not believe everything you did?

This org. is so destructive it is not funny.

When my grandmother died last year, my mother had my father call and just leave a message on my recorder that she had died, I never got a call as to the when and where of the funeral, I got that from the paper near where she lived.

I did not go to the funeral, I talked about it with my husband and he said you go for you, and if you go and only get snubbed. then dont go. So I did not go. I felt guilty, but guilt is what these people have put on me forever.

I let it slip out to people who I know would have said something to my parents about me selling our home and moving, but I got no call or stop by to say "so I hear you are moving, where are you going, can I have your phone number?" Nothing.

I still can not get my mind around this, If any one came to me and said you can not see your nieces or nephews, because of this or that, I would tell them where they can shove it and the fastest way to do it.

To stay in this org. it must take a very small brain. My husband was the first to see behind the curtain, it all started with the big change in 95 with the generation, we lived thought the 75 debacle, How many times can you see all that is said to be true fall apart, and still want to be apart of it all?

Any way, just thought I would vent a bit

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to the board Dogon. Vent all you like, and thank you for sharing your story.

• anewme
    anewme

Yes welcome to the forum Dogon. Your story is concise and right on!

Anewme

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep a small brain and blinders firmly in place and on so tight you can't turn you head left or right

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome to JWD dogon!

nj

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Dogon,

Any way, just thought I would vent a bit

Feel free to vent away! It does one good to do so as it rids one of Watchtower's poisons and you're communicating with those that know exactly what you've been through - us!

It's great to have you here. Read a number of the posts in different threads and you'll soon come to know you are amongst true friends.

Ian

• juni
    juni

Welcome dogon to the JWD forum !

You are among friends here...... thanks for sharing your story. Sounds to me like you and your husband have made the right choice. It's like the saying goes, "Beating a dead horse". There comes a time when a person has to let go.... and move on with your life with those who accept and love you for who you are.

I wish you peace.

Juni ~~

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Dogon,

WELCOME to the forum!! Thank you for sharing your story!! We understand your frusteration, as MANY if not most here are experiencing the same thing as you have with your family cutting you off!! I know.. we are having it done to us as well. Hang in there, you will make many friends here who will love and support you no matter what!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi dogon, and welcome to the forum

You are among friends here

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Welcome Dogon!

There are a few of us here on JWD from Arkansas. This is a great place to vent and find out a lot of info and support. If you like to correspond just drop an email at tan300 at yahoo dot com.

LRG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit