JW Fired for Refusing to Sing Happy Birthday

by Kenneson 127 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

In Mesquite, Texas, Sabrina Ballantine says she was fired from Razzoo's for refusing to sing Happy Birthday. She is a JW, who does not believe in celebrating birthdays and singing this song.

"Razzoo's settles lawsuit over religious firing."

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/DN-localbriefs_20bus.ART.State.Edition1.376bc98.html

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i bet the jw girl did more than not sing happy birthday. and even jw's know waitstaff in most any rest. come out to sing happy birthday . why would a jw take a waiters job , since she can't sing. her christian conscience /training should have told her not to even apply for such a job. and the judge that gave her $$$ is even more stupid or the co. that agreed to pay her off. if i owned the rest. i would not have given her a dime.

• M.J.
    M.J.

On top of that, probably only had about 10 pieces of flair.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I think it's wrong to fire someone over something religious, JW or not.

That being said, it was a petty thing to fire someone over anyway. Just a silly little song for the kids (although, I must admit, never having heard that song, I wouldn't mind if somebody sang it to me for my birthday :P ) .

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

MJ

On top of that, probably only had about 10 pieces of flair.LLOL - as per Office

LOL as per Office Space........................................

• Warlock
    Warlock

Any company who would fire someone for something like this, is really stupid.

They WILL be sued, and they should be..................just for being stupid.

Warlock

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

jw's should be banned from not only being waiters. but be banned from working in the u.s. anony-mouse. and from any federal benefits. since they hate the gov't so much. hitler was to soft on the jw's if you ask me. i don't go for any of this cry baby stuff for jw's. they want to be anti social. treat them like terrorist that they are. and i have no quarms about saying how i feel. if i had the power i would sent every wt ass kissing jws off to NORTH KOREA next week. and be finished with the whole lot of these dopes. screw jw civil rights. it's a one way street with them. i was happy when i read the other thread about some stupid jw dying from child birth , b/c of blood. now she will never help someone else die in her preaching work. get my point. i wish all jw's would cut their finger cutting sunday dinner. and then go to the hospital and refuse a transfusion and die. then turn the wt bethels into schools for needy want-a-be productive people . in need of a helping hand. the wt is a desease on the population.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

warlock your an other wt crybaby. businesses don't need to keep employess that don't give their costumers what they want. and if i take out my kid to a restaurant for his BIRTHDAY. I make believe i'm going to the bathroom, and run up to my waiter and ask him to bring out a PIECE OF BIRTHDAY CAKE, YES WITH AS CANDLE. and expect for my waiter to SUPRISE MY KID WITH THAT PIECE OF CAKE AND SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY. many poorer people like me can't afford to go to rest. at every turn , and you know dam sure when i save up to take one of my loved ones out on their BIRTHDAY. I EXPECT THAT WAITER TO COME OUT WITH THAT SLICE OF CAKE. AND SING. if i ever went to a rest. that my waiter pulled that jw shit . not only would i not tip. but i would be in the managers ear. tell everyone i know not to go to that rest. and never go there again etc. now come back and tell me how that jw is a good employee. and helps the business? give her a job washing toilets and dishes and no one will ever know she is there. in fact every time i go to a rest. it's always someones birthday . and even though they may be sitting on the other side of the rest. and i never known them . when i here HAPPY BIRTHDAY. i allways sing along. reason being someone was nice enough to take that birthday person out on their day. i worked in rest's for years weather it's a $10 pizza birthday or a $200 meal. jw's haVE no right to destroy PAYING PATRONS good time. to many crybabies on this board. most people take their loved ones to their favorite rest. especially for thier birthday. i don't know what else to say. I guess many here don't know nothing about the rest. business. john

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

I hate to type. but i will and my back is out so i'll be home for days. anyone who wants to say this jw's is right sueing the rest. etc. i will do my best to OPEN THEIR EYES. i FACT this may a great time to give some here a lesson. on running a restaurant and keeping your tables full. come to think of it i never seen a jw owned rest. or any rest. were birthdays were banned. lol the defense of this jw waiter` is comical. john

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Stupid manager for:

a) hiring her, although it's not as if she'd have put that in her resume

b) firing her. Surely in the most litigious country on earth, a guy's gotta know that you don't fire somebody for religious reasons.

Razzoo's said it disagreed with the suit and said it did not fire Ms. Balentine. A spokeswoman said Ms. Balentine never told the restaurant about her concerns.

I can believe that; useless casual employee gets no more work offers, useless casual employee sues. Now she can buy herself a nice four-door car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit