WT Advice

by XBEHERE 14 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

In all the years that you were an active JW did: 1. Going out in the ministry when you were down or felt depressed every make you forget your problems and cause you to feel better? 2. Going to meetings when you had to rush around and practically yell and scream at your husband/wife/kids to get there ever cause you to feel better that you went instead of staying home to relax?

These are the top two elder solutions to JW problems. Personally I never regret missing meetings and we all know that the ministry is a waste of time. Did you pretend to agree when asked if you feel better for coming to the meetings? Seriously though so many elders at least say that they actually believe this crap. Did you?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    1. Going out in the ministry when you were down or felt depressed every make you forget your problems and cause you to feel better?

I thought about suicide more while I was at the meetings. Does that count?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I never felt good going to the meetings or out in service after 75. I think its just a psychological ploy. Your mind can only deal with so much and they want you at the meetings and in service no matter what. They figure you will find away to deal with everything else once your at the meetings and out in service. Humans beings are very resilient and adaptable. And they want the best part of you.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

When I was a teenager, I loved it and really believed it. Plus, I could meet up with my friends and make social arrangements for the week. When I grew up, I could bearly drag myself to meetings and usually came home crying.

Those elders, gotta love the solutions for all problems in your life:

1. Field service; dragging yourself out of bed, getting dressed up, begging people to listen, getting turned down and told off....what an uplifting experience after those long days at your worldly job all week. Give yourself an extra pat on the back if the weather is bad.

2. Meeting attendance; after a long day at your job, eat dinner really fast, gather yourself and your family and get your buns over to the Hall. If you routine is not running smoothly, you must not be attending regularly or your family would know what needs to be done on meeting nights (quote from an elder I knew). Don't disturb others...keep those kids quiet or take them to the restroom and spank them. (No one can hear it.) Be sure to sit in the front rows, so the late-comers can sit in the back (hope it's not your family). On Sundays, drag yourself out of bed for field service, or for the interesting talk and Bible Watchtower study. Introduce yourself to new ones, you might get a Bible Study out of it! If they are just visiting or already baptized, say goodbye and never talk to them again.

Here's the acronym I was taught:

P - prayer

A - association

S - service

S - study

"How pleasant to see brothers, all dwell in Unity..."

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

1. No

2. No

meetings and service only made me bored and depressed.

• changeling
    changeling

No to both. In fact, when ever I forced myself to go to a meeting or FS when I was having a bad day, it just made my day worse, and I would end up leaving early.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

No to both questions. I could never understand those people that said they were "refreshed" after meetings, FS, ASSemblies etc. I never felt that way!

BB

• minimus
    minimus

I never accepted that bullsh*t. When I'd hear how certain ones felt "wonderful" because they made their meeting in spite of leaving their family behind at a hospital due to an accident, I always thougght they were WEIRD! And possibly stupid too.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

"The Happiest People on Earth"

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Sometimes I would feel paranoid at the meetings, and wondered if something was wrong with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit