Did You Know or Know Of "Gay" or Bisexual JWs???

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• saywhat29
    saywhat29
    They were mostly city cops, a couple of firemen, one probation officer, one paramedic, and me.

I'm sorry, but.. that sounds really hot. I wouldn't care if they talked or not, just as long as they all came in the uniforms.

Dresed in their uniforms... you guys are gross

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well I didnt go there to meet "hot"guys, I was just mainly looking for some friendships, some connections, something. For the most part they weren't what some people would call "eye candy". They were average looking guys. I think what disappointed me the most is that I was shunned by them, and I felt so out of place.

Contrast this with my experience on the way home, I stopped in a mall in North Alabama and a very pretty female sales clerk with flirting it up with me, she was such a friendly girl, its a shame I was only passing through there.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I notice that everyone that said lighten up was straight. The more I read the more I shake my head. I agree, why is this still of purient interest to anyone? BFD! I rarely comment on these threads anymore because its always the same old sh!t rehashed. Minimus can't you think up any interesting topics without one like this that makes people uncomfortable?

No, it is not outwardly bigoted, but it is definately an us/them slant that keeps people divided.

Sherry
    who is about done

• gymbob
    gymbob

Gretchen~

I'm not gay, and I don't want to be gay. Do you know why? Because I like having sex with my wife! That doesn't mean I have anything against gays, or anyone who wants to be in a same-sex relationship.... I'm just NOT GAY.

I'm sorry that the world in general (and the WTB&TS) don't share the same views. They judge homosexuality as wrong, and that is wrong in itself. But just because people talk about gays ("Did you know of any "Gay" or Bisexual JWs???", the title of the thread, remember?) doesn't mean we have a problem with it.

You can lighten up too.

• minimus
    minimus

Let me state my opinion on homosexuality, if you don't mind. I think most gays are homosexual because that is what is natural for them-----just as heteros are naturally directed to members of the opposite sex. I don't look down on gays. Personally, if a straight person is effeminate, I'm uncomfortable with it. Likewise if a gay male is very fem or a female is extremely manly. Just because I express that view, it doesn't mean I feel gays are bad or wrong or evil. That is the Watchtower mentality. I don't feel gays or bisexuals are sick either.

For anyone that was a Witness, being gay, I would think would be very uncomfortable, even unbearable. Asking whether we personally knew any JWs that were gay is not meant to be offensive. I don't think this thread is nasty toward gays or bisexuals. What we're exploring is whether or not we realized there were gay Jehovah's Witnesses amongst us. When I spoke to my friend the other day, he expressed that a grat number of Bethelites were gay and some have even said (to him) that Bethel had a group of gays that actively solicited.

Remember, at least one GB member was said to be gay. So it should not be insulting to inquire as to whether we saw that in fact, there were gay Witnesses.......By the way, ask ANY JW if they think the Organization has gays within their membership and you'll get a resounding, "NO Way!"......Seems like they're wrong (again).

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well it is fairly well known that Ewart Chitty was moved back to Great Britain because he had leanings in that direction and I have met at least one Bethelite who was touched up by Chitty - hence his nickname -Chitty, Chitty. Bang , BANG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit