Anyone Else from Canada?

by Miss 8572 119 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Canadian/Southwestern Ontario

Wanna

• Dr Zhivago
    Dr Zhivago

I'm also Canadian. Ontario to be exact. Formerly B.C. and Alberta.

DrZ

• kid-A
    kid-A

Southwestern Ontario region here,

Happy Canada Day !

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Jringe01: Nova Scotia huh? That's where I grew up. Do you remember a CO called Bernie Goro? (or how ever you spell his last name)

• delilah
    delilah

Lady Lee, don't forget to add our Mary to your list...she's a fellow Canuck too...

• ringo5
    ringo5

Also former Bluenoser here, now in BC. Anyone remember a CO named Clive Thomas?

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I'm pretty sure I remember Clive Thomas. He was a young guy with white hair, right?

He was always our congregation's favorite and he was renewed for a double CO term. He really seemed like he was there to encourage rather than discipline.

Last I heard he dropped out of the circuit work due to health problems with his wife and to start a family. I heard he was living somewhere in Quebec at some point, but my memory is a bit hazy on that part.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I remember Clive Thomas. He's the piece of shit they interviewed on TV newscasts about a local JW molestation case. Rather than sticking to facts, he called the victim's morality into question. I'd love to give him a few wacks with a dull machete.

W

• ringo5
    ringo5
    I'm pretty sure I remember Clive Thomas. He was a young guy with white hair, right?

That's the guy. I only remember him as a good speaker and seemingly nice guy, but then again I was just your average joe-shmoe publisher at the time. One of the stories going around about him was that he used to be a reporter for the Hamilton-Spectator, with the inference that here was a smart guy that became a witness, adding to the evidence of a intelligent religion

He's the piece of shit they interviewed on TV newscasts about a local JW molestation case. Rather than sticking to facts, he called the victim's morality into question.

That's interesting. Maybe the borg found a better use for him, as he supposedly had to quit the circuit work because of his MIL's health. He was well spoken and if he was a company man, disemminating WTS propoganda would be a breeze for him

Cheers,

ring05

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I remember him being quite stylish too. Back in the 80's those shiny suits were all the rage and the elders were trying to stop people from being "too flashy". Then when the new CO shows up, he's sporting a shiny silver suit and pants.

The elders in my hall had to back peddle quickly.

I did a bit of research after FF's comment and it appears that he's now the society's PR guy for Canada.

What a shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit