Ridiculous JW superstitions

by B_Deserter 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I remember hearing a story about some young JW family, who had a baby and the guys worldly mother was into occult or Tarrot cards and she lived with her JW son and his new little JW family, anyway strange things were going on during the night blah blah same old JW crap, about how worldly people are dangerous, baby ends up in the fish tank in the living room, and the family freaks out, and after that happend every one prayed to Jemima and the worldly mother saw how she was bringing demons in to the house so she piled up all her worldly occult pagan demonistic crap and burned it, started to study and became a witness, blah blah fill in the blanks typical bullshit story that went around every kingdumb hall circa 1985!!

every story has to have a struggling good little JW,

a baby,

worldly person

Demons,

happy ending putting your entire life in the ORGs. hands and getting dunked in pool

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I almost forgot,

Putting old Watchtowers and Awakes under your bed so demons will not come out from under your bed.

Keeping an open bible in your bedroom so demons to come into your room

Putting watchtowers across your front door so the ghetto demons don't break into you house and steal your stuff

my favorite is putting watchtowers and awakes down to save seats for your entire family at the assembly, keep those demons off your fucking seats!!!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

my favorite is if you go to meetings, your life will be better. ha

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I actually heard other students repeat the story about men having one less rib when I was in grade school. Even then, I wondered "did they actually LOOK at skeletons of men and women to believe this?"

• michael downing
    michael downing

My mom would not let us vote, for anything! If I had friends over..ok I had friends over ONCE. We all went out to rent a video but we couldn't agree on what movie to get so somebody said "Lets put it to a vote!" and my mom scolded him in the middle of the video store "We don't vote!". I was mortified

Of course she also thinks the moon landing was a hoax. Seriously.

• logic
    logic

freetothink, I used to get that feeling that some weight was holding me down in the mornings also, when I was framing houses for a living, but eventually I rolled out of bed and went to work anyway

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Putting old Watchtowers and Awakes under your bed so demons will not come out from under your bed.

Keeping an open bible in your bedroom so demons to come into your room

Putting watchtowers across your front door so the ghetto demons don't break into you house and steal your stuff

my favorite is putting watchtowers and awakes down to save seats for your entire family at the assembly, keep those demons off your fucking seats!!!

I almost choked on a pretzel!!!

• Highlander
    Highlander
    I was told a number of stories about demons, that people had got second hand books and things like that and when they woke in the morning they felt like there was a weight holdingthem down and they couldnt get up. Needless to say I prayed hard that the demons wouldn't come and get me.

J-dubs are such idiots. That feeling of not wanting to get up to go to work/school/preaching etc etc,, that weight that is holding a person down? It's called Depression. The j-dubs should try visiting a psychiatrist instead blaming their problems on demons. I've got a huge family of j-dubs. Many of which allegedly experienced every urban legend we've heard on JWD. Demon Smurfs causing doors to open and shut on their own(as told by my uncle) Demon book, blanket, lamp, etc bought from a garage sale, which causes spooky demon noises and now I can't sleep!(as told by my great aunt) Naked return visit man who planned on raping the unsuspecting j-dub who was then saved by two invisible angels.(courtesy of an elder/pioneer couple in northern minnesota) Lightning strikes apostate that is walking between two elders who are not harmed by the lightning.(courtesy of a hardcore j-dub friend I once had in Minneapolis) Angels save fat pioneer sister by helping her get into car really fast before the oncoming car impacts driver's door of the vehicle.(Courtesy of fat Pioneer sister's Son) Poor pioneer sister that needs 400 dollars for an unexpected car repair, coincidently receives a bonus check from employer for 400 dollars(courtesy of pioneer sister friend) I've heard them all from my family members and friends, many who are quite intelligent and it amazes me that they were duped by this cult.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't forget all of the Smurfy Stories!!!!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/118458/1.ashx

• zack
    zack

The "demons" were the big superstition when I wqas growing up. There was definitely a WT/Occult connection in my opinion because everyone was obsessed with this.

I never knew how Satan found the time to rule the world and do all this other stuff the JW's thought he was doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit