Elders ARE idiots!!

by Gill 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gordy
    Gordy

When I became a JW in 1971 , just as the Elder arrangement was formed.

The men who became Elders were guys in their late 50's to 70's. They had been JW's for most of their lives. They had a bit of "common sense" about them. Even with the 1975 thing, they were very controlled over it. There was no rhetoric about Armageddon etc coming 1975. They had a totally balanced view of it all. Consequently when 1975 had past, the congregation didn't lose anyone in fact increased.

In the years these guys were "in charge" I only knew of one disfellowshipping. They were the kind of guys who would come to you and have a chat find out what was wrong and help.

Then they started to die off, all within a few years in the 1980's. Younger ones replaced them, brothers in their 30's 40's. But they were a different breed. They were "Watchtower men".

Through the time when I and my family needed help and support all they could think about was following WT procedure. They in their Watchtower mind thought they were "helping". But eventually what they did was open my eyes to the real WT set me on the road to leaving. Also cause the break up of my family, eventually leading to three people DA from the WT.

I've met a lot of Elders who have highly responsible secular jobs, their not all caretakers or window cleaners.

But they do seem to lose their minds when in Elder mode.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Emptywords, just for you: "Pay Attention to Yourselves and All the Flock"

http://www.reexamine.org/wtobserver/apps/pbcs.dll/articlee31d.html?AID=/20040321/SECRETBOOKS/604007

Do note, however, that elders write heavily in the margins from verbal instructions and "Body of Elders (BOE)" letters from Headquarters. So this is the rather stuffy tip from a mountain of rules.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

jgnat................you are a good person. Thanks for the neutral ground info.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Thanks Jgnat....was interesting reading other information on the site, though it wasn't permitted to read the handbill info.

Cheers

• bsmart
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Bttt. A great thread and discussion. It is an old thread but still relevant now.

This discussion was 6 years ago.

Any new insights or experiences. Are more Elders leaving?

Just curious to know if time has made a difference.

Miss.Fit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit