Comments You Will Not Hear at the 6-17-07 WT Study (DO NOT PUT APART)

by blondie 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gill
    Gill

The WT certainly makes men appear like their God; someone so insecure that they have to constantly be reminded how supposedly superior and powerful they are.

I know that my mother has always been demeaned and emotionally abused by my JW father who likes to remind her that he is 'the head'. However, he is an insecure and sadly very foolish and self centered oaf. My mother actually believes that he is the boss and she dare not even turn the heating on when she is cold. This is the end result of their being JWs for the last forty + years; a man on a constant ego trip and woman who dare do absolutely nothing for herself so as not to be punished by 'demon' of the house!!

• lrkr
    lrkr

OK I think I got the main point of this lesson:

Wives are like puppies. You have to treat them nice (no beating or berating) and if they have something to say they can come up to you with big eyes (like in the picture) and explain how they feel and you may or may not ignore it and continue with your important man work.

Will the org ever realize that some people live in a period about 50 years removed from the 1950's? This stuff would be quaint if everyone didn't take it so literally.

• Gill
    Gill

Lrkr - Good Point! Man decide if woman can have what she need! This why man have brain and woman have 'nice ass'.

Why do JW women put up with this degrading Bull shit!!

Before we were married, I insisted that I see the wedding vows we were due to make at the KH. I told my husband to be, that if the wedding vows included 'obey' I would NOT be marrying him and we would run off to the house that we had just bought, live together and get married eventually in a registry office. I told him 25 years ago that I would 'never obey him' and he still laughs about it now!!! He can' t complain about it as he was fairly forewarned on this matter!

What a shame that the WT had removed the word Obey from the vows!

Could have been a whole different outcome!

• dark angle
    dark angle

thanks blondie for that datailed observation. However, has anyone notice that according to the watchtower wives were not required to love their husband? It only says deep respect and subjection to husbands just as the congregation is in subjection to Christ. This kind of arrangement is only good in a patriarchal society ruled by men that doesn't recognized the equality of sexes. this is strange since the husbands are the only one required to love their wives but not wives loving their husband. this principle is so remote in the reality of life!!!!Each one should exercise mutual love for each other, freely and willingly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit