JW.ORG TRAFFIC WORTH

by @ROOT 15 Replies latest jw friends

• @ROOT
    @ROOT

Hi,

I looked up the estimated revenue of JW.ORG using http://www.siteworthtraffic.com/ and was shocked at the results. Not only are they saving money on printing psychical books/magazines, but they're also making a tidy sum romtheir "free" website created and maintained by volunteers. I spoke with a JW recently who was very proud to tell me just how good their website was and that they provided it free of charge. I explained to him that all websites generate revenue and if it was a site getting a lot of traffic that revenue could be pretty big.

Anyway the are the result from the above website:

Daily estimates:

Unique Visitors255,220
    Revenue$ 2,297 USD
    Unique Pageviews765,660

Monthly estimates:

Unique Visitors7,656,600
    Revenue$ 68,910 USD
    Unique Pageviews

Yearly estimates:

Unique Visitors93,155,300
    Revenue$ 838,405 USD
    Unique Pageviews

Source: http://www.siteworthtraffic.com/report/jw.org

• millie210
    millie210

How are they generating revenue without ads running?

I dont know anything about how that all works.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I take it that "worth" refers to POTENTIAL gains IF there were ads in it. I could be wrong though...

Eden

• Simon
    Simon

Something like JW.org doesn't fit into the normal valuation system - it's not like they could 'sell' the religion and realize the money. It's an intrinsic part of who they are and while it generates traffic, the revenue is never going to be direct (I doubt they'd put ads on).

They make their money from donations - the website is part of keeping the flock happy and contributing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think that site estimates money that could be made from that number of page views if they were running ads. Since they are not they are not receiving that sort of revenue. 

I ran a report from siteworth for jwfacts.com and the results were vastly different from how many users I receive or the revenue I get from Adwords, so I don't know how they are generating their statistics. 

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

Google recently has had to start building contracts with YouTube Channels with 1+ Million followers. The "Make-Up artist", "College Humor", "Honest Trailers" are rumored to have been given $,$$$,$$$ (Seven Figure) contracts to remain on YouTube after another competitor offered them serious cash to leave. The Buying Power represented by these three players on Google represent a large audience with money, they know whose worth what and we know how much the average JW visitor is worth by inductive experience.

Simon is right, Twitter has been dealing with "how do we monetize our platform" and has disappointed investors since their second Q. The Watchtower is no "Facebook", "Link-In" or "Alibaba". Look at Yahoo, it's valuation is completely based on it's share of Alibaba, Yahoo's shares in Alibaba are worth $49 leaving Yahoo only worth $2.00 per share.

The average JW and Visitor willing to endure fiction created by the Cult can't be valuated with normal metrics used by other successful companies like Facebook and Alibaba. Think this one through, what is the sum total of the average Watchtower potential Cult Member and what education do they have? The Demographics you speak about don't have the buying power Marketing Firms are willing to buy. Who is going to bid for their information? Clorox, Mr. Clean, Johnson and Johnson Cleaning Products, Swisher-Toilet Cleaning, Ajax, Windex, Glad Trash Bags, Herbalife, Amway, Avon?

How do you valuate a demographic that's mainly poor and uneducated? My goal is not to be nasty, using their own words the only ones responding to the message of the Watchtower are Poor People without Educations, that's the territory the Elders fought for in our Kingdom Hall forever. Nobody wanted to call on the houses where the folks living there, had money or a education because of potential humiliation and rejection!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

hmmmm interesting. Maybe apple would bid since it seems the WT is promoting those ipads, and how about jwtv on roku

Those companies right there might be very interested in buying the info,

• @ROOT
    @ROOT

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I always though the revenue was generated regardless as they are bringing traffic through Google. If someone does a Google search for JW.ORG instead of going directly to the site aren't they seeing ads on the search results? Therefore generating revenue for Google that would have to be shared with JW.ORG as it's the searches for their site that's bringing the traffic?

As I said I'm not saying I'm correct that's just how I understood it. Although, I'm a software developer and I don't have much to do with website design, build or the revenue any site would generate. 

With both Simon and JWFACTS owning a website, they would obviously be better informed on the subject than I would.

Anyway, Sorry If I wasted anyone's time with this thread.

Edit to add: I don't know if the WTS would do this but! They could sell the information about the visitors to their website and what kind of sites they've visited before turning up on JW.ORG on any given day. They would make a tidy some just selling that info to advertising agencies, who coul then inturn show said users relevant ads on other site. 

• jemba
    jemba
    Whether its purely visitor statistics that look good or if money is indeed generated. I will never visit that site and let them think another person is interested in the crap they have to offer.
  • insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    just for the record... they don't make any money with this website, trust me, i know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit