What is/was the last most believable date for second coming/Armageddon?

by AllAlongTheWatchtower 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

2005 when the Red Sox won the world series. After the first one failed, how could any be taken seriously after that. Even William Miller learned to stop setting dates for Christ's return after 1844. He apparently was able to learn from his mistakes, which is the only thing Charles Russel didn't take from him.

• steve2
    steve2

Each individual witness eventually learns that the end date they have been waiting for all these more than 130 years (since the Watchtower became an incorporated society) is their own death.

Expecting the world to end on a certain date is babyfood; expecting one's own life to end at some point is meaty stuff. Date setting is an infantile past time.

• heathen
    heathen
    As far as I know, the term "Second Coming" is not an expression used in Scripture.

Doug

It may not specifically say "second coming" but it is strongly implied . The J-dubs don't believe he will descend to earth to rule for the millenia but scripture can be interpreted to say that he does . Most mainstream religion believe in the rapture where they believe jesus is going to bring people to heaven but it makes more sense to me that he returns to earth in the kingdom ( city of new jerusalem) to rescue his faithful followers from the tribulation.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Whenever they say "peace and security". Keep watching CNN.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Jehovah's Witnesses never killed anyone!

Does beating your daughter to death count as killing?

http://www.nospank.net/n-i69.htm

Even veteran prosecutors were stunned by the case outlined in court Tuesday: A South Side couple were accused of flogging their 12- year-old daughter to death with a 5-foot stretch of electrical cable after she was tied down.

Larry and Constance Slack, described by neighbors as devoutly religious, delivered 160 blows to their daughter Laree, according to the charges, stuffing a towel in her mouth at one point to silence her screams.

"This is the absolute worst I've seen," Assistant State's Atty. Robert Hovey whispered as the Slacks, both 41, were led into the courtroom. The pair were ordered held without bond on first-degree murder charges in the fatal weekend beating of their daughter as well as charges of aggravated battery of a child for the beating of their 8-year-old son.

In a slow, steady voice, Assistant State's Atty. Beth Pfeiffer stood before the judge and began to read the accusations against the Slacks, described by authorities and neighbors as Jehovah's Witnesses who were so strict with their six children that they were not even allowed to play with other kids from the neighborhood.

http://www.nospank.net/n-i69.htm

• steve2
    steve2
    Whenever they say "peace and security".

This is a nebulous "sign" because they're always kind of saying "peace and security". I well remember at least three periods during the 1970s when the watchtower quoted various political organizations and governments declaring peace and security were at hand. Remember when the Berlin Wall fell? World leaders were touting this as a time of "increased peace and security".

Nothing quite like a nebulous sign to keep everyone on their expectant little toes....waiting....waiting...waiting.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

2012 would be a good one, also ties in the mayan prophecies...... however that is a little too close for comfort

Strangely enough I was born in Oct 1975 ...spot on for a lot of JW Armaggeddon timeframes, maybe God saw me and had a rethink

• erandir
    erandir

ok...here it is...armageddon will begin in 2036...Apophis (an asteroid) will pass so close to earth in 2029 that earth's gravity grabs it and makes it impact 7 years after. They just had a show on this on the history channel, I think. It fits some of Revelation...all that 7 year tribulation stuff...a huge mountain or some such mass being hurled into the ocean. And worldwide chaos ensuing.

Heh...this is a combination of my Pentecostal upbringing, my 7 years of being a JW, and the serious need to take a shower and go to bed for the day.

Or is it 2012 when the Mayan calendar says the end will come? hmmm....

<new edit>: sorry, m...i guess i should have read your post first about the mayan thingie. and i was born august 1975. hmmm! two people born in 1975 having the same idea about the mayas and 2012. It's a sign!!! a sign, i tell you!

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

Here is a simple answer with simple hints to it:

1. Armageddon starts Nisan14 2008, exactly 6000 years after Adam sinned when he was 33,5 years old. Jesus is a "corresponding" ransom.

He was born in 4027Tishri, so he sinned in 3993Nisan, 33½ years later, in the same month that Jesus paid for his sin, Nisan. Now 6,000 years after 3993Nisan, the founding of the World, is 2008 Nisan (there was no 0 BC, it went 1BC then 1AD). So Armageddon starts in 2008Nisan. Adam was the first who was "passed over" by the angel and his death sentence was executed not directly but through his genes.

2. Jesus died in the exact centre of the First Abrahamic Covenant, the mid point between its inauguration and Armageddon.

We know that the 1AC started in 1943Nisan, when Abraham crossed the Euphrates, and that Jesus died and was resurrected in 33 Nisan, precisely Hebrew 1975 years later, so Armageddon is a further 1975 years after Jesus' death, i.e. 2008Nisan.

If we look at the First Abrahamic Covenant from the Solar Calendar (Gregorian) point of view we have 1943Nisan14 being April10 and 33Nisan14 being March31 and 2008Nisan14 being March21. So each half of the covenant is 1975 Solar years less 10 days. So Jesus died in the middle of the Abrahamic covenant to the day, as measured both by the BLC and the Gregorian (True Solar) Calendar!!

For 12 further proofs of this date, visit http://www.unwatchtower.com

Philippus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit