God is not Great

by hamsterbait 26 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Anybody seen this book,

I was at a friends tonite, and read a bit on jihadist cretins in Saudi Arabia, who have banned George orwells "ANIMAL FARM" because the farm ends up run by pigs.

Godly honest - hearted moslems are also seeking to ban PIGLET, and CHARLOTTES WEB from schools.

Apparently the eyes of innocent Moslem babies cannot be defiled by reading about unclean animaux taking over the world, BUT

They CAN go to Market to shop with Mommy and see starving thieves having their hand sawn off (BUT humanely given a novocaine shot in the arm so they can watch but not feel it)

or go to a soccer match where a crane hauls two boys of 15 100 feet up in the air by their necks because they experimented with their "GOD" given sexuality.

It is called "GOD IS NOT GREAT"

HOWEVER I also point out the hypocrisy in the US over human rights and the death penalty.

HB

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I waited for the new cover before ordering. It should be here any day now.

It has a different tagline to the original, anyone know if there's anything different in the content?

(Christopher Hitchens is the author)

• Mulan
    Mulan

I bought the book on Saturday.

The subtitle is "How Religion Poisons Everything"

I can't wait to get more into this book. He makes so much sense in just the little bit I've read.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Bought it, read it, loved it.

I suggest the God Delusion more. It's more scientific and evolutionary. And just plain more humourous!!

• lowden
    lowden

Further to Mulan's point, religion is indeed poison (particularly those based upon the patriarchal writings) and if it wasn't veering towards a scarily controlling society, i would BAN it!

Saudi Arabia is as backward a country as there can be.

Lowden

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I'm about 70 pages in and while Im enjoying it, there are other books I'd read first (if I hadnt already).

• Scully
    Scully

I downloaded this book from Audible.com - listen to it on my ipod when I'm out for a walk. While I find the narrator to be a tad dry, I am really enjoying the ideas he presents.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

This is the one I ordered, with the new subtitle-

alt

It's outselling the pope's book too, according to the New York Times Bestseller List-

This Week #4 GOD IS NOT GREAT, by Christopher Hitchens. (Twelve, $24.99.) Religion as a malignant force in the world. (Highest Position #1)

This Week #7 JESUS OF NAZARETH, by Benedict XVI. (Doubleday, $24.95.) The pope discusses Jesus’ identity as revealed in the Gospels. (Highest Position #6)

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Waiting for God's input...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Is this book solely anti-Islam? If so, he'd better look up Salman Rushdie...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit