Been Df'ed for 9 years and Elders showed up @ my door Sat. Morning

by jrjr4189 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you go back to a meeting, it signals to them that you might be interested.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Could you be Double Disfellowshipped????? Oh, thats why they came.

Some folks are just disfellowshipped...others are very, very disfellowshipped.

Rabbit ( vewwy, vewyy marked...)

• Gregor
    Gregor

The org. runs hot and cold on this subject. From not even speaking to a DF'd person if you knocked them down in a grocery store, to going to their door as in your case ("going out to meet the prodigal son" and all that). Similarly, I remember when elders were told to go look up folks who hadn't been associating for years (aka, 'faders') and try to manuever them into an "in or out" decision. The exact words of Sam Friend in the elder school were "officially in or officially out".

Gary B. I remember the cemetary raids very well. I was an elder, but I flat out refused to participate in that scheme.

• zack
    zack

Gary:

You kill me, man. Cold call indeed!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Gary, you're a tad older than I am - and I missed out on that bit of 'cold' calling (cemetary witlessing). But... I have a 'JW story' that was going around locally when the old-timers were doing it.

Locally, the 'City Servant' - as they used to be called (this was a JW designated to preside over the entire city... not sure what they were supposed to do... but that's what they called them.), was a person named 'Judge Norris' (I think that spelling is correct)

Anyway, he's long dead now... back when I was a wee lad he was in his 'older' years.

A fella that was a friend of our family would tell the story that one time the JWs were working the cemetary on Memorial Day, and this irate individual comes up and very angrily asks, "Just WHO gave you permission to do this!" The fella very calmly (or so he told it) tells this person, "Judge Norris." The fella stutters and backs away saying, "Oh. Okay then. Go ahead."

He always laughed long and hard after telling this story... I think it was one of his favorites.

Regards,

Jim TX

• gumby
    gumby
    Complete shock came over me this past Saturday when an Elder and young bap. guy showed up at my door to see me.

It's not proceedure for an elder to call on a DFed individual with a young baptized guy. DFed ones are to be called on by elders only so I'm surprized at the manner you were called on.

Gumby

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Some folks are just disfellowshipped...others are very, very disfellowshipped.

I'm very, very, very, very, very, very, very disfellowshipped --- and divorced!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Stepping foot in that Kingdom Hall,was an open invitation for them to come visit you...OUTLAW

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They are supposed to visit all the DF'ed ones they know of in their territory every year. They skip the
    hostile ones, usually.

Oh, maybe that's why they haven't been by to encourage me back to the meetings...

They might be afraid I will initiate an acappella rendition of "All Hail The Power" for the opening song.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit