Been Df'ed for 9 years and Elders showed up @ my door Sat. Morning

by jrjr4189 18 Replies latest jw friends

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Complete shock came over me this past Saturday when an Elder and young bap. guy showed up at my door to see me.

I had attended some meetings for a few weeks back in early 2006 as an appeasment for my mother and had spoken with an elder because he asked what my intentions were. I of course told them that I wanted to come back.

Anyway, they showed up on Sat. Morning after having not been at a meeting since March of 07' and asked if they could read me a few scriptures and said they hoped to see me at the meeting.

Am I missing something? Do elders go to D'Fed peoples houses? Is this normal????

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Maybe it's because last time you were at the hall in 06 you said you wanted to come back. I haven't heard about them dong house calls on DF'd people but maybe they do. Maybe their attendance is becomming quite low and they're getting desperate? Interesting it was an elder and a just a baptized person not both elders though.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The elders are supposed to try and visit all the disfellowshipped ones in their territory once per year to invite back into the fold - at least that's the last I heard.

I don't think most of them follow through on that. They haven't called on me!

S4

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

They are desperate and you said you might possibly go back... Big mistake. Now the bugging can begin!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They are supposed to visit all the DF'ed ones they know of in their territory every year. They skip the
    hostile ones, usually. That means they are supposed to visit you.

Often, what they do is forget about their own members who were DF'ed, but live outside their
    preaching borders. They don't tell the other cong. that you are there, so you are overlooked.
    They also overlook the fact that you are usually at work or out during their ONE attempt, so they
    may have tried in the past, but missed you. DF'ed ones with family in the cong.- they ask about
    you and the family says "No, don't visit" or "He moved" and they say they tried.

I have never seen a C.O. to get serious about "How well are you visiting the DF'ed ones?" It's
    usually well overlooked. Some BOE will be serious, though.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Am I missing something? Do elders go to D'Fed peoples houses? Is this normal????"

He may have been there at your mom's request. Of course, I do not know any of the details like, do/did you go to the same hall as your mom - etc.

You probably won't get any further visits - unless they think that they need to send a committee to DF you. Oh, wait. That's already been done. I don't know of any cases where folks have been DFed twice.

Regards,

Jim TX

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Could you be Double Disfellowshipped????? Oh, thats why they came.

Yes I am still in the territory although I don't live with my mother anymore since I moved out in 99' moved away for college and then bought a house with my wife in 05'. Yes my mother does go to the same hall still so maybe she did put them up to it, although I told her about it and she acted surprised.

I really don't want them stopping by again, maybe they'll just forget about me again.

• garybuss
    garybuss

When I was a Witness, the guy at the Kingdom Hall told us to walk right up to complete strangers and ask them if they were interested in changing their religion. If they said yes, we were told to sell them a book that made absolutely no sense. If they said no, we were told to sell them a magazine that made absolutely no sense.

Once Knorr got the bright idea to have us all go to the cemeteries on Memorial Day and walk up to people visiting grave sites and close on them for a cash donation for a book or magazine. That was quite an experience. That's my reference point for a tough cold call.

Once a Witness elder called on the telephone and wanted to talk to my wife. I asked him why he didn't want to talk to me. He said he did and I asked him why. He said the end is near. I asked him if he had any proof this time and he hung up on me. Very rude of him!

I don't think ya need guts like a government mule to be a Witness, but it can't hurt. Our mission was to take the unwanted to the ungrateful. That's not a very rewarding past time. Then on top of the crappy job the Witnesses gave us to do, the Witnesses themselves gave us crap. It was lose there, lose here.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Same thought here as Seeker4 and OnTheWayOut,

When I was an MS the elder who had me "under his wing" would take me on calls to those who were DF'd. He told me the calls were just to follow up to see if they had any interest in "coming back". This elder never said a negative thing about those who were DF'd we called on..or put them under pressure about comimg back.

brzfst

• changeling
    changeling

Your elders are actually doing what they are told! Amazing!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit