JWs and Love towards their families

by R.F. 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.F.
    R.F.

Hello all,

This is something that just popped in my mind suddenly.

But I was thinking about over the years the many comments of JWs about loved ones.

For instance, one sister was speaking of her disgust with her children not accepting the "Truth". She gladly tells anyone of what she told them; that if they don't accept it before Armageddon that it's too bad. But she also said that it doesn't bother her because Jehovah won't allow her to miss them.

There is one sister with a disassociated son and another sister once made the following comments concerning them:

"I can't stand to see these parents spending time with their children that left Jehovah. They're going to be gone when Armageddon comes so why bother with them anyway?"

One final brother from another area mentioned his children that left the organization that he no longer associates with. His children each have an infant child of their own that he doesn't want to meet. He says:

"I hate they left the Truth. I just hope Armageddon doesn't come before their children are old enough to make a decision for themselves. I just feel that the end is right around the corner, so there is no use of me meeting their children. It will only make me hurt even worse"

The thing that got me to really thinking was the fact that I just wasn't shocked ENOUGH by these comments at the time they were made. It saddens me to see them miss out on so much love because of the organization. It makes it even worse that they look down on those that know the silliness of the WT teaching of shunning family and don't obey it. Those that know deep down it's wrong to do so.

Hopefully many more will realize what their missing out on before it's too late and they live with regret.

R.F.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

I got home late ,again, and am here looking over the posts: kind of mezermizing, isn't it? A lot of times I feel like I am a medic at D-day: so much carnage....where do you start? It is a spiritual "Saving Private Ryan...." I am glad many, here, are better at tri-auge (SP?) than me. :-)

Yes, the JWs miss a lot.....starting with simple reality.

You can look at the pieces and weep or walk away not looking back...what to do?

I shake my head at the waste.

Need to go to bed....

Several of us do (hint.)

Tommorrow is one day further from the sadness IF we set it down and do not drag it with us.

Take care,

Yours in this Struggle,

V

• alias
    alias

It's amazing how differently we can see things from the outside perspective.

"But she also said that it doesn't bother her because Jehovah won't allow her to miss them."

If you replace "Jehovah" with "the loaf of bread" you truly see how the sense of personal responsibility is so easily and heartlessly transferred elsewhere. And self-deception, denial. What authentic nurturing human would not be bothered by such a prospect? One full of fear and selfish longing. How could this person claim to be part of a loving brotherhood when they heartlessly admit "too bad" her children will be destroyed. She's betting on her emotions being numbed by a loving god. (How many ironic things are in that line of reasoning alone?)

Today, for the first time, I'm actually nauseated by how soul-less some JWs become. And their twisted reasoning on why they "wouldn't be bothered" is frightening.

alias

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

RF you are spot on, sadly. You'd think if they really loved their family members and thought they were going to die at Armageddon and they wouldn't see them again that they'd want to spend every moment they could with them to make use of the time they did have left with them! If a family member was dying of cancer you'd definately be spending as much time as you could with them. Having two sons of my own now I CANNOT understand how a parent could turn their backs on their own flesh and blood. It is sickening to the stomach and once again proves we are better off out of it and creating a new life for ourselves with unconditional friends who become our new family. ((((((R.F.)))))

• eclipse
    eclipse
    "I can't stand to see these parents spending time with their children that left Jehovah. They're going to be gone when Armageddon comes so why bother with them anyway?"
    RF you are spot on, sadly. You'd think if they really loved their family members and thought they were going to die at Armageddon and they wouldn't see them again that they'd want to spend every moment they could with them to make use of the time they did have left with them! If a family member was dying of cancer you'd definately be spending as much time as you could with them. Having two sons of my own now I CANNOT understand how a parent could turn their backs on their own flesh and blood. It is sickening to the stomach and once again proves we are better off out of it and creating a new life for ourselves with unconditional friends who become our new family. ((((((R.F.))))) -sweet pea

Reading those experiences , I feel anger...if I heard a JW say anything of that nature, I would tell them to their face how heartless and cowardly they were. Sweet pea was dead on right when she said that they should be spending as much time with their ''dying'' family members instead of shunning them... Would they shun a terminally ill family member? I bet if you said this to a shun-happy JW, they might see how cold they really are. Some JW's need to get heart implants, you'd swear they didn't have one.

• delilah
    delilah

Isn't it amazing how they put their "AGAPE"
    love to good use, concerning their non-JW family members, or those who choose not to go anymore?

Just last week, my mother made the disgusting comment about my 17 year old nephew who is gay..... she said," I hope he dies before armageddon, then he'll be resurrected".

I was SO angry, I told her that her thinking was WAY off, and how could she say that? She'd rather her grandson dead, than alive????!!!!! That's REAL Christian-like.....NOT!!! and what kind of a grandmother is she, that she'd even think a thing like that, let alone say it??!!!

What a bunch of sickos. I'm so glad she's not close with my kids.

• carla
    carla

That attitude has been one of the hardest things to accept since mine became a jw. He doesn't outright say those things but the attitude is still there. His own abandonment of the family in favor of everything jw. The things he is willing to miss with his wife & children and why? Apparently we don't matter all that much, we are as good as dead anyway. Though he will never say it and I'm sure he hopes we all die before the big A. He cannot wrap his head around that being the choice according to wt doctrine. Either become a jw and have a chance at the big A or die before and get resurrected to have yet another chance to accept wt doctrine. Hfe still denies this is basically the way it works dubland.

• Gill
    Gill

It's a very sad mind set that the JWs have. Definitely 'sicko!'

My husbands parents live a hundred yards up the road from us, yet when they see our children, one as young as 8, they simply turn their back on them. JWs are not the happiest people on earth but the sickest, stupidest and loneliest.

I say good riddance to bad rubbish!

I like to think of how they will feel in another 20 - 30 years when Armageddon has still not showed and the cracks in the Tower are becoming a lot more obvious. Revenge is a dish best served up cold!!

• R.F.
    R.F.

It truly is a concept that's hard to wrap your mind around, but you understand why they feel that way.

For example, there was an accident in my city, and for the sake of anonymity I will say it involved a tractor trailer and a few cars. One person ended up dying but before we found that out a sister said........

"I sure hope it wasn't any of our brothers involved! Hopefully it's a worldly person. That's the best thing that can happen to them."

The Bible speaks of death as an enemy, yet JWs view it as a fare being paid to earthly Paradise if you aren't a JW before the Big A comes.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

"I hate they left the Truth. I just hope Armageddon doesn't come before their children are old enough to make a decision for themselves. I just feel that the end is right around the corner, so there is no use of me meeting their children. It will only make me hurt even worse"

With an attitude like that what sort of a "decision for themselves" are they going to make? To join a heartless, cruel religion? If they are smart they will run the other way and never look back!

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit