JWs and Love towards their families

by R.F. 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary
    We were always taught that the thing that set us apart the most from the world was the love that we had. How strong was it really when even parents can disown their children for not believing as they do anymore.

Ya......If anyone ever said something to me like this, I'd point out that Jehovah's Witnesses are indeed fulfilling bible prophecy when it says that in the Last Days, certain people would have "no natural affection". I can't think of another group of people trying to pass themselves off as 'Christian', who can cut family members off like this. Makes me want to puke.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Reminders like this have an instant reaction in me.

The gag reflex almost kicks in, followed by the realization that I was among these twisted souls for so long. They have fine-tuned hatred in their hearts, and tried to call it love. This organization has deadened them as humans, and I almost tear up thinking that I was just like them. When I think of those things we used to think and do in such insanity, I know for an absolute certainty [If it ever leaves my mind] that we were under severe mind control.

Knowing that makes me more understanding of those still trapped. How sad.

Jeff

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I haven't been on much lately but this post really caught my eye. I have a lot of work to do today in the garden (day off) but I felt the need to respond. Having never been a witness it's really hard for me to fathom, and it breaks my heart that so many people have been so hurt by their own family members. I truly don't understand what the JW org believes about death.

When my aunt passed away a couple of years ago my mother didn't seem as upset as I would expect from her (she's very emotional). I read the cards she received from her "sisters" and one really upset me. The lady wrote that my aunt would have another chance in another 1000 years. First, she was judging my aunt and stated that my aunt didn't make it. When I told this to my mother she didn't react at all, except for sorry, I shouldn't have let you read it - I didn't think anything of it. I had to leave with the excuse that I was tired, I was so upset. An other aunt (her oldest sister) passed away a couple of years ago and I doubt she shed any tears. My mother was always critical of her and yet she was probably most like her.

So I don't understand the JW views on death. If a person has never been a witness or falls away from the Org and dies before Armageddon, they have another chance - in a 1000 years or immediately after Armageddon? Where in the bible does it say that?

I once asked my mother how she felt about all her family not being saved into eternal life because none were witnesses. Her comment to me was that she never thought about it. Maybe she has the hope or security that we will all have a second chance when we all realize that our faith was wrong and that hers was the true faith?

I'm almost tempted to print this thread and giving it to my mother asking her what she thinks about these comments.

Again, I'm so sorry for all the hurt that your families bring, all in the name of a false religion.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

This issue is one that simply amazes me even ten years out of the cult.

A friend who was attending meetings and trying, albeit marginally, to be a JW had a baby (with my ex wife), and his mother wailed "I don't ever want to know that baby, why should I love it when it's just going to be killed in armageddon!"

So I went to the hospital to see the lil one, 1lb 12 1/2 oz, they didn't know if he was gonna live. Here I could be forgiving and go see the baby that resulted from an infidelity where I was the 'injured party' because it wasn't the baby's fault and it was undeniably my daughter's new little brother, but the child's own granny couldn't get past her own despicable judgement of the baby's dad and mom.

My own mom, may God forgive her, has been a constant fountain of ill-considered sentiments and backhanded comfort. She told one of my girlfriends who was greiving bitterly over the loss of her sister who had been in training to be a nun, "better dead than a nun!"

She recently informed me that I am 'the evil slave' even though she 'loves me like a son.'

I have been roundly castigated for visiting my father's grave every memorial day. Only one other sibling has ever visited, to my knowledge, my eldest brother 'non-dub' who was also the only one to show and help put dad into the ground after his embarrasing, JW-like memorial service.

They scoff and snort as they mockingly and derisively dismiss the notion out of hand, the bastards. My dad was never a JW, but he was a generous soul who always had a kind word and time for any of 'em and they can't even show decency and respect!

You know, when Jesus said that family members would turn on each other, I don't think he meant it as a command, yet these 'people' are following it as if he meant precisely that.

And they are proud of their deplorable perversion of truth and love.

Roller

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit