Australian story: Abused JW kid now Melbourne writer

by Inquisitor 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Wow her story is heartbreaking....would be great if she joined JWD. If you email her please let her know that many of us were very moved by her story.

Leslie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Most of us here know intuitively that this is a true story. Her parents and siblings are wretched, miserable people. Her discovery of "the energy" at such an early age is remarkable. Does she still use it?

• sparrow
    sparrow

Ditto for what everyone is thinking/feeling on this forum. If there was such a thing as armageddon/paradise as if ANY of her family but her would make it through.

Makes you so mad people would do this to a child and person and the siblings would sit by and agree. I truly hope she is recovering. If she makes it here one day I think every one who posts would have something to say.

- sparrow

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I received by email a similar story a while ago. In 1973 a JW sold his house and bought a caravan in preparation for Armageddon. He dragged his family around the mountains in the US. He would beat the children with a cord or make them sleep outside in the freezing cold, saying it was necessary for them to be good enough to get through Armageddon. The father is still a JW. Sadly the child is grown up but still a JW as well.

These types of parents would probably still treat their children in a shocking manner even if they were not JWs, but there is no doubt that extremist religious views make justification of such behaviour all the more easy and hence more likely.

• sparrow
    sparrow

I was thinking that too jwfacts that they possibly would have treated her the same if they weren't jws but instead did it in the name of "jehovah" and they felt they had a valid reason for treating her that way. I don't understand why they would treat the other children different though. She got the hard treatment straight of the bat.

It's also scary that no-one picked up on the abuse the whole time and said anything. How many other kids are in the same boat that are supposed to be in loving families? Obviously this scenario is not limited to JW's, however, she would have had a hard time being alienated outside of the family as well with the birthdays, easter, christmas crap.

-sparrow

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ashlee:

I hope that you're able to heal. Much love and respect to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit