Name Some RIDICULOUS JW Beliefs

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• DawnLS620
    DawnLS620

Post 697 of 697
    since 08-Dec-06

demons in the clothes you buy at the thrift store, demons in books, demons in television programs, demons in people's houses, demons demons demons

This made me laugh right out loud. . . and the bite of salad I had in my mouth. . .flew all over!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, "eating her kitty kitty"???

• Scully
    Scully

That leadership roles are only available to people who were born with a penis.

• ninja
  • minimus
    minimus

Aluminum cooking utensils is bad !

M.D.s are bad!

Tiaking your hat off to show respect to a woman is from the Devil!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

One of the most ridiculous things about their beliefs IMO is how they change them to suit a certain set of circumstances, and they become even more ridiculous than they were before

Up to 1995: "The generation that saw the events of 1914 would be alive at the end"

1995 onwards: "Ooops, most of the 1914 generation are dead, it must be any generation that reject the "truth" according to the watchtower that will be alive at the end"

Up to 2007:The anointed were all gathered by 1935, except for replacements : "Ermmm well, they should be decreasing in numbers, but they are increasing. What to do? Ah, the gathering isn't complete after all, they are still being gathered. That's why the number of partakers keeps rising"

I imagine there will be more "new light" shining as time goes on.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

That the light gets brighter

• minimus
    minimus

It's a "conscience matter" to stand for the flag salute. Yet standing for the National Anthem is "idolatry to the State".

It's up to one's "conscience" if they vote but if you do vote, you may show that you have disassociated yourself!

Having a transplant was tantamount to "cannibalism".

Blacks were made to be "servants".

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

The elders are 'appointed' by Jehovah's Holy Spirit. Even the "scumbags".

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Oh, where to start?

1. Oral sex was condemned most recently because it is a practice common to a house of prostitution. I would think that intercourse was most popular at a bordello. Apparently, the GB members and the writing staff just pay for the oral sex there.
    2. Parts of blood parts are OK for Christians, but parts of blood, or blood itself, is forbidden.
    So: I can't eat stew, or the vegetables, say, but I can eat individual pieces that make up the vegetable portions?
    And: blood can temporarily leave my body, and be "re-injected". No ruling on how long a time is considered temporary. But I cannot store my blood. Define both terms, please? With time limits?
    3. This one is making me very angry lately; I am Pistoff, after all.
    Witnesses will associate with worldly relatives who NEVER attended a KH, NEVER wanted to be a witness and who may even have opposed witnesses. They will NOT have anything to do with a family member whose only mistake was to get baptized while too young to know better. So even if they have now left behavior that got them df'd and are now productive members of society, they will be shunned if they don't get reinstated.
    That is the reality in my family right now; that and the self righteous elder who shuns my child but does not shun his child who is baptized but has lived with her fiance in another state.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit