As a parent....how do YOU feel about trampolines?

by onlycurious 28 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Take this as a teaching moment.

I agree with JeffT....this is a great learning situation.

Just be careful to not become like I did with Zach, being over protective. My mom was over protective but we kids would sneak and jump off things that we probably shouldn't have had any business jumping off from.

As a mom though, I so understand the fears. I jump inside each time my kids do something that I know could potentially hurt them.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Trampolines are a product of Satan. If Jehovah wanted us to fly or bounce high in the air, he would have made us that way.

It is a disfellowshipping offence.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

When my cousin and I were seven years-old, we spent all summer together. One day, while my parents were downstairs, we decided to link together the cool new hammocks my granddad had bought us, attach them to my bed, and climb down the side of the house. Out the window, inside past my parents, out the window, inside past my parents. They eventually caught on, and the wooden spoon made an appearance.

As has been stated before, kids are going to find ways to have fun doing things that as parents make us cringe inside. When I think of the things I did that my parents never found out about, I wonder how I survived my childhood. I have no answers for you, but good luck!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

We've had one for years. No broken bones, but that doesn't mean we didn't worry. Still have it, kids still use it.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They have the propensity to break peoples necks and backs and cause them to become quadraplegics. I have personally known of 1 case.

• zensim
    zensim

We've got one for the kids - and I sometimes jump on it. All three of us, at once!

Sheez, my girls' life is so much tamer than what my brother and I used to get up to

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

broken bones make kids tough. when we were kids, there was a place here that had trampolines. while you were jumping, they'd turn the sprinklers on. the trampolines would get wet, you'd slip, and get hurt. it was awesome. lol

• davegod
    davegod

+1 Talk to YOUR kid.

• horrible life
    horrible life

You asked for the "parent" opinion. But, I have to give you my

Dental Hygienist opinion. Every year, we have 4 or 5 kids who knock out their teeth, and ram them through their lips. Most teeth are broken so bad, that they can't be re-implanted. Most of the time the bone that surrounds the teeth is broken off with the teeth. The scars associated with the teeth going through the lips are horrendous. Teeth are gone forever, at such a young age.

These teeth accidents happen on the metal rim, hitting another persons elbow or knees or even others heads, hitting the ground, face first, or falling onto BBQ grills, or swing sets.

I have seen so much blood associated with trampolines, that I have forbid my daughter to get on one. I have seen 10 trampoline injuries to every 1 baseball injury. Just think of all of the Little League players. Thousands and thousands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit