Assembly Hall shakedown - Columbia SC

by sir82 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The only way they can get money from me these days is sexual favours.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I really think that elders who are closet apostates should push FOR this as hard as they can. Yes it's tough love but if you can break a person down enough they will start looking at the people doing the breaking.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Why are people moving south? Has the iceage come?

• still_in74
    still_in74
    They want to have the whole thing paid for by the time the building is done - no long term loans.

well you have to ask yourself "why dont they want loans?" - after all the WTS dropped interest on loans

AHA!!

The WTS doesnt want to loan money out interest free, they would rather invest in other ways.
    The likely reason for dropping interest on loans are the business/tax implications of doing so. They didnt do this out of the kindness of their hearts! They didnt even want to.
    But now that they have, how easy is it going to be for build projects to get financial support from Mother? The CO's & DO's will give many "encouraging" talks about how to support the world wide work and Jehovah's org. in these critical times. We have an equalizing to consider for those poor brothers in Mexico and Africa etc.... blah blah blah

• tryingtounderstandjws
    tryingtounderstandjws

How can the WBTS blatantly and arrogantly insult their members like that and expect them to continue to do their bidding? Also, if the end is so near, then why wouldn't they just take out long term loans? They must know that they'd never have to pay them off.

• sir82
    sir82
    Why are people moving south? Has the iceage come?

Up until 2 years ago, the real estate bubble had a lot to do with it. The bubble seemed to be hitting everywhere except in the southeast.

A person from New York, New England, etc. could sell their house for say $750,000, buy a house of similar size or even larger for maybe half that in the south, and have a few $hundred thousand left over. Even if they still carried a mortgage up north, they could sell & buy a similar house with cash, no loan required.

In my current congregation, a dude from up north did something similar, didn't quite have hundreds of thousands left over, but did have quite a bit - enough to buy an Infiniti SUV and a Mercedes. Dude works at Costco, so not much income or money-management skills - virtually bankrupt a few years later.

• sir82
    sir82
    I imagine there aren't many restaurants nearby to tempt you during lunch either.

Entrepreneur alert!

Imagine the $$$ that could be made by setting up a drive thru coffee shop directly accross the street from the entrance, or at least nearby.

You'd only have to open up an weekend mornings!

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Sir, you sell them short. Every time I go to a group function I go out for food. Plenty of attendees go out for lunch.

My mother-in-law refused to eat lunch once instead of going to get food with us. She is super hardcore and was in town visiting us. We were supposed to eat with her friends, but they neglected to tell her they had no food. I'm sure she was proud of being so loyal.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

whats a matter? The old Crosstown Theater was great........ if you could make it across the parking lot without getting shot.

But the big Sears and Roebuck across the street closed up........ I can see why they need a new hall.

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit