OT/Fluff: Mineral Makeup users, any good products?

by unique1 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh I am on the mineral makeup band wagon. I tried it on and off through the years and did not like it until I tried "Sheer Cover." Especially the solid compact one I tried since I was traveling in Europe and didn't want powder all over my bag. I absolutely love it...but it is pricey.

I was not happy with Physician's Formula, or l'oreal. I gave them away...something not right on me, too shiny or something...heavy...dunno. Then I tried Milani, from Target, CVS, WAlgreens. It is not quite as good as SC...but for $6.99 in solid or loose...it is pretty darn good. In fact I wear it every day.

I am so pleased I can't even imagine wearing liquid again...and I have some very expensive ones. I think I have to toss them.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals) is my favorite. I've also used Sheer Cover and it is ok. Physicians Formula is also ok but something in it makes my cheeks (close to my eyes) burn a little. I buy my Bare Minerals on Ebay and sometimes I get a good deal on them. They are expensive though. Also, there are a lot of knock-off brands on ebay that are completely worthless. I'm going to have to check out the Avon products. Somehow over the years I basically became allergic to liquid or cream foundation and when the mineral make-ups first came out I tried them reluctantly. But they are wonderful and it feels like you aren't wearing any makeup at all.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I love the Bare Escentuals. I haven't tried any of the others. I usually buy mine at an ULTA store. They have so many brands of makeup, you couldn't name them all. You can also order online, and get free shipping over 65.00, They carry the Physicians Formula, and let you sample most anything. I will try it next time I go. Their return policy can't be beat. My daughter bought the wrong mascara, (waterproof) it was opened, and used. They took it back, and didn't even blink.

The Bare Escentuals that you order off of TV, is more expensive, if you don't use all of the things that come with the kit. I, like Tnangle73, buy some off of ebay. remember the 9gr is 25.00. Don't spend 12.00 +shipping on a 2 gm jar. And like she said, make sure it is Bare Escentuals, not a fake subsitute. Read the fine print.

This is their website, with the Physicians Formula.

http://www.ulta.com/control/main
  • juni
    juni

Thank you Leslie for the information.

Seems like it would depend on one's skin type and your age as to how the different brands would work for you.

A lady I was talking to in a store said she used Clinique, but that they didn't have the mineral make up.

Juni

• unique1
    unique1

I have never heard of this Sheer Cover. I will have to check it out. Maybe they don't have it around here.

I currently buy my Bare Minerals off of Ebay but still pay 17 + shipping which is still pretty expensive.

My aunt sells avon. I wonder if she could get me some samples. Thanks for all the replies. I will definitely have to check out PF and Avon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit