OT/Fluff: Mineral Makeup users, any good products?

by unique1 14 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

I use Bare Minerals foundation and mineral veil. I love these products but they are quite expensive. I have noticed several makeup companies like Neutrogena, Physicians Formula, Almay, etc. These are less expensive but I am aprehensive. This is due to the fact I tried the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers and that is exactly what they were, SHEER. It didn't cover anything, like foundation should. Plus the packaging was awful and difficult to use. Any of you girls tried any of the new products? Would you recommend anything other than Bare Minerals that is hopefully less expensive? Just curious.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Unique1:

My opinion about these so-called mineral makeups is that it is much ado about nothing and so many companies are jumping on the bandwagon. If you like what you are using, stick with it even if it costs a bit more.

If you want to get technical, ALL makeups are comprised of minerals (talc, titanium dioxide, etc.) even if they don't call themselves a "mineral makeup".

I think the term is becoming a marketing come-on.

LHG

• brinjen
    brinjen

I only recently got into mineral makeup, I got the Physician's Formula powder. It covers as good as my old foundation did, looks like I'm not wearing makeup. I would definitely recommend trying that brand.

• Xena
    Xena

I've seen the mineral makeups but didn't know what was up with them. How do you apply them? Are they better than a liquid?

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

My daughter uses the Physician's Formula and loves it. It is just like Bare Minerals, but alot less expensive. I would suggest to get some and just try it..you will be only out about thirteen dollars if you don't like it.

Leslie

• unique1
    unique1

Awesome, I will definitely give the physicians formula a try.

I know all makeups are comprised of minerals. However alot of oil is usually added to the liquid foundation. Certain types of those oils cause me to break out. I have Acne Roseca and certain things set it off. The actual mineral loose makeup doesn't have whatever is in liquid makeup that makes me break out in a rash all over my face. That is why I love it. Plus it has great coverage and feels much lighter on the skin.

Xena you apply it with a kabuki brush. It is a short stocky brush. You swirl in in the power, tap the edges and apply in a circular motion to your skin.

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

I've been using the bare minerals I ordered from the infomercial. I needed a fresh supply but found it's very expensive. Avon had some on sale from $10 to $7.99 so I ordered some. It seems exactly the same to me. Now they have warmth and mineral veil -- I don't know how they can use the same name.

• juni
    juni

I don't use much makeup, but I've heard about the new mineral makeup that you apply w/a brush. Just a little dab will do ya. LOL

Where do you buy Physician's Formula unique?

Thanks.

Juni

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I buy Physician's Formula at CVS. You know drug stores anymore....they sell everything.

Leslie

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

The only mineral make up I've tried is from Avon. I really like it. My skin doesn't feel "clogged" like it does with a liquid foundation, and it covers nicely.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit