Intelligence of Witness Material

by choosing life 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

What grade level do you think the Witnesses are operating at?

Between 1 and 3.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Now theres a contradiction in terms...

Talking to a dub is like trying to make sense of a very rigidly stuctured piece of computer software. It is full of database entries that are found by the right words. You have a comment or question, they all have the same answer. Like the computer, they don't fully understand or comprehend what they are saying but they know it is correct. This program has one flaw though, when you have a question they cannot answer, instead of a 'file not found' error, they crash!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have been out for a long time so I don't know if they are getting less intelligent and more boring as time goes by but we can't exppect much from an org where everything is decided by a small clique of insiders who are not particularly bright, educated or cultured and they can't get many of their doctrines right. The rest are not allowed to contribute though there must be some intelligent people among them. The nature of the org is too dictatorial to allow that, so all the talent gets wasted, it's just preach and preach.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

When I was a kid we had to study the 'Babylon the Great has Fallen ' book, then the 'Finished Mystrey of God' book , now they have this new kindergarten reader " Bible Teach " . Last summer I made a passing comment to my, JW elder, Father in law about how surprised I was the new book was so 'simlified' not very deep . HE actually became very defensive and gruffly replied "The TRUTH IS SIMPLE ". Since I saw I had struck a nerve I let it go . Poor man...

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

My family was the one that did the mini study before the actual meetings to add to the boredom. I remember one day I was staying at my friend's place overnight and they had to do their watchtower study. We go upstairs and their father (our congregation's watchtower study conductor) started to read the paragraphs. Every little bit he would say "MARK" then read some more then say "MARK" and keep reading.

He read 3-4 paragraphs before I caught on. When he said "MARK" you started to underline and stopped when he said "MARK" again.

We were done in about 10 mins.

My family's study sometimes took over 45 minutes, then we did the field service presentations which would always result in one of my siblings refusing. I did too. Not sure why. We all knew that the sooner we gave the presentation, the sooner it would all be over, but every week one of us just rebelled and we all had to sit there until we all did the presentation.

Ah, good times.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

I have not read the thread, yet: off to work at the hatchery and dreading it.....

I thought the JWs were well educated when I was in. I was mixing up "time spent" and "things learned." I was duped.

For the past five years, I have began to read a variety of books on religion, theology, and history.

Here is the conclusion: The JWs are (curse word ahead....wanring) so damned illiterate and illogical that it is a comedy. Flat lined......

The level of education presented: it would bore an intelligent eigth grader. It is so, so dumbed down. It had been a couple of years since I had picked up a WT mag and, then, found one in a doctors office. I could not believe I had EVER been impressed with this drivel....honestly, I felt stupid just reading it and, then, realizing I had presented this kind of trash to the public: gag me!

My take,

Off to work: I know, ahead of time, I am going to blamed for a breakdown that is not my fault...love days like this. The first rule of the poultry industry is this: "Who are we going to blame?" After that is answered all goes well.

Wishing you all a good day,

Yours in this Journey,

V

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

How I long for the days of studying My Book of Bible Stories and Listening to the Great Teacher. What an intellectual paradise.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Vernon-

Go ahead and be the martyr!!

-you can start your own religion!

-K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit