Australian Publisher Statistics analysed -

by jwfacts 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brinjen
    brinjen

Wow, you'll never see those graphs in the km! I was baptised in 1990 and left in 1997, obviously I wasn't the only one....

Cheers for those!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Wow, you'll never see those graphs in the km! I was baptised in 1990 and left in 1997, obviously I wasn't the only one....

Cheers for those jwfacts!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

jwfacts:

Great job jwfacts! Keep em coming! Love that artwork.

Atlantis & Nevada-

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Great work, JWF. Statistics don"t lie and as Brinjen observed, not something that will be publicized by the WTS in the KMs.

I left in '83 when the WTS boasted a population of 43,000 in this country. With an average of 2,500 converts a year and as pointed out, a .86% attrition due to deaths, I reckon the WT population in OZ ought to be in the region of 105,000 at the least. I mean with 2,500 a year it means they have accumulated over 60,000 converts in the 14 year period of my leaving. That they are only about 80,000 in number means that they have dissipated some 20% of their membership in this same period, despite the growth. Such a rate of hemorrhaging simply cannot be sustained.

I think what must be most worrying is that white bar you inserted in the statistic. I notice a trend, first appearing in the mid-90s, where those defecting are more than those converting. If I were a member of the GB, I'd pull my finger out, and either scarper to the Bahamas with all the cash of the WTS, or else I'd bury my head in the sand and enjoy the remaining years of profitability by taking increasingly longer holidays in better climes.

Cheers

• steve2
    steve2
    That they are only about 80,000 in number means that they have dissipated some 20% of their membership in this same period, despite the growth. Such a rate of hemorrhaging simply cannot be sustained.

Good points, Moggy Lover. Point of clarification, though: The hemorrhaging among active JWs in Australia is much greater than you suggest. Their average number of publishers last year was only 62,435, so nowhere near the 80,000 you mention. Of relevance, in 1998, there was a higher number of average publishers in Australia (63,454). This downward trend is also evident among JWs in New Zealand.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Spot on Steve, only 60,000 not 80,000. It went from 40-60k in the 10 years 1985-95, and been flat ever since.

The average number of JWs from 2006 is less than in 1995, only 59,310. 11 years of babies and 80 million hours of preaching has just been able to compensate for the leavers. Interestingly I left full time service in 1994, maybe there is a correlation:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit