Australian Publisher Statistics analysed -

by jwfacts 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have just posted some graphs on Australian publishers at http://jehovah.net.au/aust_statistics.html over the last 30 years. There is a huge change in growth (or should I use the term shrinkage) over the last 10 years. Enjoy.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Thank you for your hard work.

Do you have similar stats for the USA?

V

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day mate! Keeping busy I see.

The stats make an interesting read - always better to see the facts visually, I reckon, like in graph form.

Even when I was 'in', I used to play around with the numbers but I was always uncomfortable with the interpretation of what the baptisms figure meant in terms of increase. We remember that people baptised have already been publishers for some time and the chilrden of witness families even longer, so the baptisms are not something to be added in a static environment, if you get what I mean, more of a rolling addition. I suppose over a long period, as you have done, it would be valid - certainly what we do see is that despite all that effort on the part of the WTS and the brouhaha about baptisms meaning growth, the "bottom line" is that there hasn't been growth.

Oh, also we have to factor in deaths and DF to that figure.

Anyway, hope things are well with you - must catch up some time again.

Cheers, Ozzie

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I havn't done similar stats for the US, but have for the globe at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/statistics.htm The US would be good as it does represent 20% of the worlds figures, and is a developed country as apposed to the undeveloped world where most of the growth is.

A note on the figures - the final graph is the interesting one, as it compares the increase in publishers with the number of baptisms.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Ozzie, it must be time for a meal again.

I was going to mention deaths but forgot. Deaths represent about 1% or 600 per year, so still leaves about 2000 leaving each year.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Around .87% for deaths I believe. The linked stats accounted for the death rate which makes them more compelling to me.

• steve2
    steve2

Hello Paul,

Good work! The graphs certainly show a reverse trend in the past 10 or so years for Aussie JWs. It's interesting that, for both Australia and New Zealand, current average publisher figures have not altered much for several years, with the most noticeable shrinkage seen in baptism figures.

By the way, another poster whose name eludes me, has done numerous charts of JW statistics covering several years of various countries, including USA. If you scroll back through the section on Bible Research and Study Articles from November 2006 you might be able to locate their charts.

Steve2

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have just found a spreadsheet with baptisms for the years 1985 - 1995. Below is a graph on the USA. Even factoring in deaths of about 100,000 the number that have left is more than the increase in average publishers.

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

JWFACTS thanks for the stats - great work

Count me down as a LEAVER for the 2007 stats LOL

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks jwfacts. I have an international worksheet that goes back to 1968. I always tempted to do it by country but I have given away my hardcopy YBs forgetting that the graphs are not on the WT-CD. Thanks for sacrificing some of your fun time to do this.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit