Molested by JW who went to Bethel

by DeeR 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DeeR
    DeeR

I was molested by a JW. He was a young man about 19 yrs.old and he went to Bethel after molesting me and I was only about 12 or 13 yrs.old. I have never told anyone because I was so afraid of being disfellowshipped for letting this happen to me. I was so scared and kept it a secret all my life. I am now 50 yrs.old. It is time to come out in the open and let the light of day shine and a breath of fresh air blow. I have been forever damaged by this happening to me. I spent years in therapy. After my therapy I came back to the JW organization to give it another chance to see if things had changed. I thought that the JW's had the "truth". I came back 4 yrs. ago and now I am leaving again and this time for good. Nothing has changed and nothing is better. In fact it is worse! The lies, the coverups, the intolerance--all worse than ever. And I tried so hard to be a good JW. But it is not to be. The "truth" is out there. Pray for me to find a loving fellowship of believers.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Dee

Welcoem to JWD

I too was abused within the org. It leaves its mark on us.

I would never go back due to what I now know.

I'm glad you got the help you need and gladder that you have arrived here

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"I was so afraid of being disfellowshipped for letting this happen to me"

as if a 12-year-old girl could have prevented it from happening if a grown young man wanted to force her. Put the blame where it belongs - on the rapist who went to bethel. Wonder if he has done it to others? I wonder where he is and what would happen if he was confronted by his victim(s). Nothing, probably. He probably doesn't feel guilty.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

(((((((((((((((( DeeR ))))))))))))))))

As Lady Lee put it: I, too, was sexually abused within the [b]org. And you're right...it does leave very deep, very lasting scars. May you find true friends and true healing--here, and wherever your new path leads you!

J-ex-W

• ringo5
    ringo5

(((((DeeR)))))

Please consider this a welcome and a wish for your healing.

And I tried so hard to be a good JW. But it is not to be.

Forget about being a good jw, or any other good (fill in denomination here).

It could never hold a candle to being a good DeeR.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

(((Dee)))

I'm so sorry this happened to you. If you ever wonder what happened to that guy, at least you know that he had a miserable life; everybody in Bethel does. I hope that you're able to find ways to enjoy your life from now on.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Welcome DeeR,

Sorry to hear about your abuse. Carrying the weight of this must be difficult. I am glad you have found help through counseling.

I hope you find a loving group of believers right here on this board. We may not all believe the same things, but we are tolerant and willing to extend a helping hand.

Sincerely, Choosing Life

• bernadette
    bernadette

Hi

Nice to meet you

Very sorry about the abuse you suffered as a 12/13 year old. That must have been horrible especially as your abuser was so respected in the wts. When will they stop allowing/covering up such abuse.

btw welcome hope you enjoy your time here with us.

bernadette

• brinjen
    brinjen

Welcome to the forum DeeR,

I'm very sorry to hear of the abuse you suffered as a child. I can only hope you have since found peace and he hasn't. He's the one to blame, not you.

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Welcome Deer!!!

so sorry that this happened within supposedly gods only true earthly organisation!!! I am new in this place too and so far the people are genuinely caring and will help in any way they can! I reckon the people on here are more friendly than some in congregations. Maybe most of us on this board are the ones that are too smart for the WTS teachings.

PS Almost finished Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz - anyone who hasn't read this must grab a copy (to the old members on here yes there is many of us new ones that haven't read this yet)

Deer Take Care of yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit