ex-JW's in Melbourne?

by Run,dont walk! 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Run,dont walk!
    Run,dont walk!

Hi everyone, i just joined this forum, am starting to go through the stories & info & hoping this will be a good support channel (i have heaps to discuss& vent lol). i don't have the energy to go through my life story (yet!), but basically i've left the organisation, which was a gradual yet sudden process. like most of you i assume, i wonder how differently my life would be if i weren't brought up (from birth)like that. i'm slowly going through the process of de-programming my mind..........meanwhile coming to terms with being ostrasized by my friends and family. just wondering if there are many australian members on this site? Kimberley

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Hi Kimberley,

I'm Steve and from Adelaide ,and I have gained so much knowlege and encouragement from this site, you are'nt alone there are quite a few Oz here and some from Victoria ,that is if you are from the Oz Melbourne.Welcome and enjoy the company!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi Kimberley, I used to be in Melbourne but am in Canberra now. I know what you're going through. It's possible we've met, but I only remember one Kimberley, and she didn't seem the type to leave. Anyway, I hope you can hold it together through this bad time and I promise that it gets better slowly. A little bit of it always stays with us, but we can spend the rest of our lives in mental freedom and that little bit is a small price. Another good thing I've learned is that those people I loved and trusted all my life: those relationships were worthless. I only have real friends now.

Welcome to the board!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Welcome to JWD Kimberley, from Brinjen currently posting from Darwin!

Yes you have found a good support channel, many of us (myself included) where raised with dubs as well, you're in good company.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Kimberley,

Welcome aboard - enjoy your stay here.

Just look at the left and you'll see where I am!

There are many ex-dubs from Sydney who have posted on JWD - they come and go, but always part of 'the family'.

• winnie
    winnie

Hi Kimberly,

(We are on the NSW south coast.)

You'll find all the support you need on this site. Go ahead and 'vent'.

• winnie
    winnie

Hi Kimberly,

(We are on the NSW south coast.)

You'll find all the support you need on this site. Go ahead and 'vent'.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi, Welcome to the board.

I am not sure how many there are is Vic, but there are quite a lot in Sydney and we are great friends now. So if you ever make it to Sydney drop me a line and I can organise for you to meet up with a few of us.

It is shocking leaving the Org and tough at first, but I assure you that once you get over the intial problems you will be so glad you took the jump.

• penny2
    penny2

Hi Kimberley, welcome to JWD. I'm from Adelaide. I'm sure there must be others from Melbourne - so where are you, Victorians??

penny2

• Es
    Es

Heya kimberley, Im from Melbourne!!!!

Welcome to the board there is a lot of support here.

Hope to hear from you soon

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit