Small dog Owners, best breed?

by restrangled 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Restrangled,

Hands down the Chihuahua!!!! I have always been the "Cocker Spaniel" kind of girl. But since my daughter and husband have allergies to dogs, we could never have our Cocker Spaniel inside. Well when our Cocker died of old age, our daughter was desperate to have a dog again. But she wanted a inside dog. The only dog that has worked with their allergies is our little miniture Chihuahua! She is the best natured little dog you could ever imagine!! We have had her for just over a year now and I couldn't imagine not having her. She only chewed up one thing when she was a puppy, and has been super easy to potty train. Although she is not a fluffy dog, she is still adorable. She has the heart of a lion, and the courage of one too! She seems to love everyone, and everyone loves her. Also, I don't know if it is just her or the breed, but she doesn't smell like "dog". You know how cats don't really have a oder? Well you can put you nose in her coat and smell absolutely nothing. It is great!! And she isn't hyper either. Also, she only barks when she hears something out of place..which I think is a good thing. Anyhow...can you tell we love our dog?? Hope this helps you. Let us know what you end up getting.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Oh...one more thing..Chihuahuas are known for being lap dogs. They are most happy just sitting in your lap..even when you are not petting them. So many dogs will sit with you as long as you are petting them But jump down and go lay in their bed if you stop. Not Chihuahuas. They love to just be near you. After getting ours, I told my husband that I now understand why you typically see old people with them. They are loyal low maintenance loving little heartwarming lap dogs. From now on, I will always have one!!

L.L.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My wife and I have 4 cocker spaniels. They are very nice. Child friendly, They will bark if someone comes to the door or is in front of the house. I like the way they look. And they are very loving.

• ninja
    ninja

what one is you TN....he he

• DawnLS620
    DawnLS620

Hi,

Just wanted to add to this post. . .I have two chihuahuas. . .they are the bomb!! I grew up with collies and then had a lab that weighed 90 lbs - loved him to death, but he could lay some "major cable" in the backyard. He got sick and I had to put him down. My daughter and I went for around 8 years without a pet and then she wanted a chihuahua. You know. . the passing fancy of all the "hollywood young girls". We found one in the paper one sunday, and called the lady and in an hour, off we went to see him. When we got to her house, Bruiser (as we named him) came running to the door and he looked like a rat! He didn't havae any hair yet and I gasped! Then we held him and fell in love. We've had him 3 years now and just got another puppy so he'd have a brother and someone to play with. The little new guy is named Quincy. After having a lab, I didn't think I wanted a little rat, ankle biter around, but they have more personality than you can imagine. They actually do things to make you laugh - they are the best dogs ever!! We went to California this past Janiuary and took Bruiser with us. He has sneeked into hotels all over southern California. They are pretty easy to train too. We got Quincy when we got back from California, so it was freezing cold here - too cold to try to train him to go outside, so we got the puppy pads and in about 2 weeks, he was trained to go on the pads. Now, while I was training him - it was a major pain and I cleaned up plenty of messes, but once he got the idea, he was all set. They actually have a very long life-span too - one older lady in my neighborhood has one that's 14 - she walks him every morning. A chihuahua would be a wonderful companion for your mom - they are very loyal and love to be with you and lay on your lay and be right beside you. They travel well too and love to go places with you. They really wrap you around their little paws and you can't help but adore them.

Oh yea. . .chihuahuas don't lay cable either - they give "tootsie rolls" and they just kind of fall into the grass and disappear!! Now that's the kind of dog for me!! No poop scooping!

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

ninja--- LOL

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I cleared this up earlier! Cock-a-poo! I have the best dog in the world. OMG he is such a good companion

• Odrade
    Odrade

Oh c'mon, who could resist this:

the lip

• codeblue
    codeblue

I have a AKC pom...weighing less then 7 pounds. Easily house trained. But barks.................. he is a one person dog.

If I had to do it over again, I would get a King Charles Cavalier. I have seen 3 in my last few years....they LOVE everyone, and don't bark. I believe the down side is the cost....

Codeblue

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Ok resist this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit