Is it weird that I don't miss it?

by bluesbreaker59 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Ok, other than my father, I don't miss anything about being a Dub at all. Seriously, I love my life right now, its great, thinking for myself, doing what I want, etc., etc.

I've only been out 3 months, officially, and I find no "void" or anything. I've got a bunch of great friends on the outside, that I had for years while being JW, and then I have my mother and all her family supporting me. Plus a great girlfriend and a really active music career. I really just don't miss religion at all, and really just see all of it as a way to control ignorant, weak minded people, that are too afraid to think and act for themselves.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

So, I am "ignorant" and "weak minded?"

From now on you can say: "Those weak minded and ignorant people....JUST LIKE Vernon Williams...."

You have wounded me.....

V

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I know what you mean. I feel the same way. The JW arguments that there is nothing outside the "organization" are simply the cries of people who don't set themselves up properly once they leaveor better yet before leaving. One could leave any group and unless they replace their friendships, etc they will feel isolated.

Isaac

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

PS:

OH!

Congrads on your exit...I am excited for you and look forward to hearing about new experiences and progress in your Journey!

I am going to bind some wounds, now.....

V

• flipper
    flipper

Bluesbreaker, not weird at all. You can finally be free, and breathe fresh air. You can live your life. Peace, Mr. Flipper

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No. It means you still enjoy a good measure of mental health.

• free2think
    free2think

I know what you mean Bluesbreaker. I can honestly say i don't miss a thing about being a dub either and there really is no void or emptyness at all.

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

Didn't miss the boring meetings, assemblies, field service, magazines or books. Didn't miss pretending that it was oh, so interesting and exciting. Didn't miss pretending not to see all the problems. I have to admit that I did miss my friends. It sounds like you have a good support system and are going great.

Crafty

• Hermano
    Hermano

I know exacty what you mean. I too was surprised at how happy I was once I left. It's because we've heard so many times at the meetings that those who leave have nothing that we are surprised to find the opposite is the case. I suffer from depression, and while I can't say that I was "cured" when I left, the bouts are not as deep or as long lasting.

Too many rules and regulations and policies and procedures and standards and practices to keep track of and feel guilty over when you fail to live up to their almost perfect standard. Right before I left, I realized that even if it was the only true religion I probably wasn't going to be all that happy in paradise or would last that long.

• Hermano
    Hermano

I didn't miss my friends either, cause I realized they weren't true friends. They were more like co-workers. The only void I felt was for my memories. I realized I had spent 26 years living a life that was not my own. I realized all the memories I had of hanging out with "friends" and milestones like pioneering and being appointed M.S. were all a bunch of refuse. That did make me a bit sad. But hey, I only lost 26 years and most of those I was too young to really know myself and what I wanted. As soon as I knew it wasn't me and it was a scam, I wasted no time in exiting. And for that, I am proud of myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit