Is it weird that I don't miss it?

by bluesbreaker59 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• changeling
    changeling

What's to miss????

• Scully
    Scully

I miss the JWs the same way I miss having a root canal.

• blondie
    blondie

A lot has to do with your circumstances. With some, almost all their family are jws and they actually got along with their family, loved them even. Some have no family that are jws. Friends, that varies too, in and outside the organization. It depends on how old you are and how long you have been enmeshed. People who are df'd or da'd can be treated more harshly that someone who is inactive, fades away.

Glad to see whatever ties you had that meant something to you have not been affected. Not true for everyone.

Blondie (a fader)

Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.

• Hobo
    Hobo

Too true.

I broke away at age 17, totally unprepared, and with no one to turn to for guidance. But even then, I didn't MISS it. I missed my family, and the fun things unassociated with meetings, etc that we used to do. But the society, the meetings, the field service... I don't, and have never, missed. I just feel so empowered that I had the strength and vision to GET OUT when I did.

• LaniB
    LaniB

I was in from 17 to about 29/30. I was lucky that the only member of my family in the Borg was my sister and she still kept associating with me after I left.

When I finally made the decision to fade away I remember the first night that I deliberately didn't go to a meeting. It was such a relief. I sat around, watched television, ordered out pizza and started the next day to throw out all my literature.

No more meetings, no more field service, no more trying to be accepted into a congregation where as a single sister whose family was "not in the truth" I wasn't considered to be "marriage material" for the few single brothers available (not that any of them were interesting).

It was wonderful. Congrats on getting out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit