How to open a JWs mind

by jwfacts 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I posted a similar article a year ago, but have cut it down by half, so thought it worth posting again for those that are looking for a place to start discussing the fallacy of Watchtower doctrine with family.

There is no guaranteed way to open a JW mind. However, it is generally more effective to avoid discussing doctrine and rather concentrate on the concept that Jesus chose the Watchtower Society as his sole organization in 1919. I hope this may help some of you.

If it does not appear in your browser it is from http://jehovah.net.au/key.html

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks JWfacts! Loved it!

It's funny that for all those years you can CHOOSE to believe a lie and discount your own doubts, simply to stay in a comfort zone.

The 'blue pill' is a very uncomfortable experience, but worth every bump along the road. I recommend it to all, if they can stomach it and take the consequences.....but maybe I recommend it even if they can't stomach it and find the consequences painful! No gain without pain!

• ninja
    ninja

hey JWfacts...great stuff there mate...I totally agree to take the authority from the society is the key.....the book "captives of a concept" nails it beautifully....when I used it on an elder though he said to my dragon...aka mother in law...that I was bringing up old stuff.....I know it was hitting him with bullseyes though...he agreed with a lot that I said when speaking to me

• ninja
    ninja

or alternatively.......Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• MariAruet
    MariAruet

I don't really think anything can open the mind of a true JW

• Black Soul
    Black Soul
    There is no guaranteed way to open a JW mind.

How do you open a mind of a Kamikaze? By letting it crash...

• ninja
    ninja

have you heard about the scottish kamikaze?...he crashed his plane into his brothers scrapyard

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks for the comments and welcome Black Soul.

Gill you said "maybe I recommend it even if they can't stomach it and find the consequences painful." I often grapple with this. What about the JWs that really love being a JW. My mother and cousin are both highly manipulative people that thrive off having the truth when no when else does and feeling the right to dictate to others how they should act. For everyone elses benefit it may be good if they left. But I really can't see that it would benefit them.

Ninja. That is a common comment by elder, "it is old news so it is irrelevant". But what spurious reasoning. Being old news does not make it any less real or relevant. The Bible is even older news, should that elder ignore it as well.

• ninja
    ninja

yeah JW and also they probably went to the study that evening and learned all about how 1919 was so important in the revelation climax book

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

Its not a good idea to attack a JW's faith, that will close their mind fast. Any attacks are a sign to them that they are being persecuted in Jehovah's name.

In a tactful way, sow the seeds of doubt a little at a time and they will eventually start to fade, we hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit