If someone told you they would give you $10 M,,,,,, if you,,,,,,

by AK - Jeff 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No, never. My family is worth more to me than even $10 billion. Especially if I couldnt take vacations to go see them. Besides Im happy living in the USA, and wouldnt want to live anywhere else. There are alot of places in the world I would like to visit, but home for me is still Ky and Ohio (maybe Texas).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think there would have to be a couple of rules about the dart toss. If you miss the map or hit an ocean, you have to redo the throw. There would have to be agreement about hitting some land that is uninhabitable. For instance, if you land on the middle of Mount Everest, Greenland's interior, an island that cannot support human life or is too dangerous to stay on for volcanoes or frequent storms, Antarctica, or the middle of a huge desert like the Sahara or the Outback of Australia, there might be a rule that decides where that counts as. It might mean a re-throw, or it could be that you would move to the closest inhabitable place to where it lands.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

naw,ive already got many gazillions of dollares worth of friends..now,if i could take em all w/me and move to a giant vineyard in northern california......

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

of course,family,except for my parents,.um,id PAY to have my sibs moved...far far away...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

hell yeah - no one is that important to me. And I 'd do it for a lot less than $10m too.

(Practising my aim at Dallas)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    interviewed an author yesterday who is working on a novel about people who win the lottery and in her research, she told me that people who win millions of dollars and aren't educated or schooled in how to handle money have an excessively high suicide rate.

unfortunately, that's b/c those people work dead end jobs and think money is the answer.....the problem is they haven't found the joy of life already and aren't doing what inspires them, they aren't doing what they'd do anyway if they had 10 million bucks.....too many people have limited dreams and imagination

Thats really interesting monophonic. For a long while my dream was to live in a lighthouse with my books, movies and studies and never have to interact with the human race again much except for the boat man that brings my whisky. But I've come to realise I am not really a recluse - not a full time one. I love being around people - they are far more unpredictable in real life than in books or films or games. Okay so not every interaction is pleasant or even fun and some even can be quite hurtful, as I have discovered of late, but I still wouldnt change them.

I have quite broad dreams that could be realised with that kind of money - but if I had to stay in that one place for ever then one dream would be doomed and that is my dream to travel more. i am never as happier as when I am on the move, sleeping in strange beds, in strange places (no sarcastic comments please) and seeing new sights and sounds and meeting new people.

• Marcel
    Marcel

in my current situation i would do it! all my "best" friends are likely do hate me soon nevertheless. my relatives are happier with me vanished from earth as with me being an apostate. only postive or neutral effects + 10 million. what can a dub who lived a nice dub life and suddenly realized the truth want more? its basically a new life a new start. thats priceless.

i would try hitting canada or australia.

• juni
    juni

Nope. The clincher in the game is that one could never see their family again. Nah....not worth all those sweet grandkids' smiles and giggles.

More to life than $$$.

Juni

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

There are certain places where a woman wouldn't want to live, period, even with $ 10M. I'm thinking of certain countries in the Middle East and Africa where a woman is viewed as worth less than some animals, so unless I could retain the option to decline the offer if I didn't like the location, I'd pass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit