Deaths Due to Watchtower Blood Doctrine - Statistic on one patient populat

by Marvin Shilmer 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

bttt...this is too important to be lost

• Gill
    Gill

Rabbit - That's an interesting point that you make there about telling the story in all its gory details. Not one JW ever wanted to hear the graphic account of that day. Even my parents who visited when I was in HDU did NOT want my husband to tell them exactly what happened. It was brushed away with, 'You see! We don't need blood transfusions. You're fine now!'

Well, I'm afraid, as risky as blood can be, and I still don't doubt there are some risks attatched, there are those times where there is NOTHING else. Near escapes like mine just don't interest JWs. They see someone as 'alive', because of course blood transfusions are bad and NOT necessary, or 'dead' because they were faithful to the end and followed Jehovah's commands! Clear, ridiculous, black and white thinking!

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

bttt...this is too important to be lost.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Wow that is incredible. And it shows how evil the GB are since they would have a pretty good idea of this. Yet they insist on keeping a doctrine that has such obvious Scriptual holes in it.

Isaac

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Gill

Rabbit - That's an interesting point that you make there about telling the story in all its gory details. Not one JW ever wanted to hear the graphic account of that day. Even my parents who visited when I was in HDU did NOT want my husband to tell them exactly what happened. It was brushed away with, 'You see! We don't need blood transfusions. You're fine now!'

It's absolutely important, imho, that the real painful details are recited to make your point. Otherwise, JW's will quickly fill in that gap with pure sugar-coating.

I was holding my Mom's hand when that l-o-n-g b-e-e-p came from her heart monitor, then, her beautiful eyes stopped moving...and stared straight ahead...at nothing. I was leaving the JW's slowly at the time and I did understand how wrong this was and had tried to stop it. I cannot explain the absolute fury that came over me, quietly, as I felt my mother die...needlessly.

BUT, within seconds of her death in a silent room full of faithful JW's, one fader and several normal people... there were the appropriate gasps and muffled cries of loved ones...

Then, quietly...I started hearing Witnesses saying:

"I am SO proud of Mom...she stayed faithful to the very end !"

"Yes, she sure did, I hope when I die it will be with her same integrity."

"Now, because of her Godly obedience, she's guaranteed a resurrection in Paradise™."

"Now, it's up to us to stay faithful and we'll be there to welcome her back at the Resurrection ™."

"I'm so glad she didn't give in on the blood transfusion, she's made Jehovah so happy. I know He's smiling down at her right now !."

These days...when I hear certain words...really strong emotions come up: faithful, integrity, obedience, guaranteed, happy,smiling... used to have just one definition each, now, I know the other very real meaning is... Danger.

Rabbit (Of the, If there is a god...I don't care... if he/she/its happy or not.)

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

"The faraway reality of Jehovah's Witnesses dying for lack of blood does not intrude on the avergae witness."

"This story about the ongoing tragedy among Jehovah's Witnesses is a tale that must be told."

From Blood On The Altar. David A. Reed.

Blueblades. bttt.

• Scully
    Scully

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: If JW men were the ones whose lives were on the line you'd see a huge change in WTS policy on blood transfusions.

Seriously.

The very first notable change to the rules on blood transfusions was the fact that clotting factors for haemophilia were permitted. I forget when this was first changed but if I remember correctly it was in the early to mid 80s. Haemophilia is a disease that affects males almost without exclusion.

from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/hemophilia/hemophilia_what.html

About 18,000 people in the United States have hemophilia. Each year, about 400 babies are born with the disorder. Hemophilia usually occurs only in males (with very rare exceptions).

If men were the ones in danger of dying in childbirth, instead of women, I guarantee that reform on blood transfusion doctrine would be a top priority.

I am convinced that the doctrine as it stands now demonstrates unequivocally the utter lack of regard that the WTS has for the lives of women and children.

Scully, of the severe postpartum haemorrhage class

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

i·dol

, n.

an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.

Bible.

a.

an image of a deity other than God.

b.

the deity itself.

any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion: Madame Curie had been her childhood idol.

a mere image or semblance of something, visible but without substance, as a phantom.

a figment of the mind; fantasy.

a false conception or notion; fallacy.

[1200–50; ME < LL

#d$lum < Gk e#d$lon image, idol, deriv. of eîdos shape, form]

Syn. 1. See image. 3. favorite, darling, pet.

i·dol·a·try

, n., pl.-tries.

1. the religious worship of idols.

excessive or blind adoration, reverence, devotion, etc.

[1200–50; ME idolatrie < ML

#d$latr#a, by haplology from LL #d$lolatr#a Gk (NT) eid$lolatre#a. See IDOL -LATRY]

Syn.2. obsession, madness, mania.

It is not without good reason that Jehovah's Witnesses have been described as idolatrous BLOOD-WORSHIPPERS.

• Gill
    Gill

In the mind of the average JW is so much confusion about blood that deaths due to the doctrine are inevitable even when they try to allow certain fractions.

Blood is viewed and presented biblically as sacred, holy, special to God and far too special to be used to save a mere human life.

Blood is then portrayed by the Watchtower Society, as dirty, disease ridden, dangerous, 'a time bomb waiting to go off', something that is unnecessary in medical treatment, and something more likely to kill you than cure you.

The average JW does not know which way to go with this problem and no doubts fears the possibility of needing blood so badly that they dare not think too much about this subject and happily stick to the total 'NO BLOOD' ban for its sheer simplicity.

However, in then seeking to avoid a blood transfusion some JWs have taken advice from those' well educated medically professional meddlers', the Hospital Liason Committee. Do these men do more good than harm or could their 'medical education from the University of the Watchtower' be putting more lives at risk?

Take the example of a JW relative warned that she was at risk of heamorraging with her next child. The 'doctors' of the HLC committe recommended that she ask for EPO from her obstetrician. He was not at all keen, but she took her husband and HLC 'doctor' along to her antenatal visit and they bullied him into trying to avoid the massive tragedy of her ever needing a blood transfusion by improving her red blood cell storage and output should such a thing happen.

She had the baby with no problems. However, within a few months she developed breathing problems and a blood clot was discovered on her lung. The hospital believed she developed this because of her EPO treatment.

She recovered after a course of treatment. However, the EPO may well have killed her.

The medical school of the Watchtower has a lot of very bad advice. Perhaps its time someone sued their asses!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you for this post, Marvin. Your research is appreciated.

Would it penetrate the minds of Jehovah's Witnesses that the real reason behind the blood ban is Freddy's and Clay's "special knowledge"/publicity stunt? The war was over, book sales were down, and the "Oracle" of Brooklyn determined that the rank and file should know that they were in the truth when being persecuted for righteousness' sake.

Please see the following thread:

"Persecution Wanes/Banning Blood Garners Publicity" -

www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/126825/1.ashx

Compound-Complex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit