JC is over... now the aftermath

by drew sagan 66 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My take on the "good" elder is that he was not to be trusted from the start. The fact that the Society got a letter from him in which the elders were waiting for, shows that this guy was never honest from the beginning.

• done4good
    done4good

Drew, I didn't get through the entire thread yet, but you won, really you won!!! You exposed another good example of just how dishonest and unloving this evil organization is.

btw: I think leaving on your own terms is a great idea. Don't give them an inch. Bastards!

Jason

• ringo5
    ringo5

Congratulations on your successful fade quick disconnect from the org! This will, as many have pointed out, allow you to get on with your life quicker and with less hindrances than a fade ever would have allowed.

One note of caution from my standpoint, forget about writing letters to any others in the cong. Any positive effect that learning the facts of your situation might have on some in the cong., will be offset by a seeming effort to draw some to your side, or a prideful rejection of counsel. (even if that is far from the case)

The only ones you should be concerned about are YOU AND YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY.

Your family that are still dubs may have a hard time hearing your name besmirched (usually there's always rumours about illicit or seedy conduct), and try to dispel those by relaying the actual events. This may result in the elders coming down on them, and maybe that would not be a bad thing in the long run. (but really hard to see where that would all go)

I just want to say I'm happy that BOTH you and your wife are coming out of this together, and have now many more possibilities open to you in the future.

Good Luck,

ringo5

• changeling
    changeling

Drew abd Amber Rose: I'm sorry for what you've been through. I'm not surprised elder B turned on you, I thought as much from the begining of your ordeal.

I think you guys did well though. You wanted your in laws to see for themselves what a farce the society is, well, it should be crystal clear now. If you can get your loved ones out with you, this was a very good thing indeed.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    The only ones you should be concerned about are YOU AND YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY.

I was tempted with mass letters, but decided not to because of this very point. I assume that if I had nobody else to worry about but myself I would act on such a thing, but that is not the case.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Yeah, the whole thing just stinks.

• 5go
    5go

I wouldn't DA under the new guidelines who would know. If you did and when it did get around they would say " Well I quess they were apostates after all".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit